Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend I took Connor and Kaitlynn to visit their MeMe and Granddaddy in East Texas. We had a full weekend planned to celebrate my Dad's birthday.



Unfortunately, my dad threw out his back and then I came down with a nasty stomach bug. I'm still recovering, but thankfully he seems to be much better. But none of that kept the kids from having fun.

MeMe recently converted one of her big bedrooms into the "cousins' bunkroom" with 2 sets of bunkbeds, a big queen bed, and a toddler bed. That's 6 beds in 1 room! Connor, Renee, and Ryah were so excited to try out the new room and they actually did great sleeping there unsupervised.



Kaitlynn and cousin Preslee enjoyed some cousin bonding time together at Dairy Queen. Who knew that the White Oak DQ was the largest in the world?? (in square footage)



Next door to my parents' house is a construction site for a beautiful Victorian home. Connor and cousin Makenna decided to go check it out with Granddaddy (before the back incident).



Finally, just a cute pic of Kaitlynn helping Mommy pack for the trip. We are all hoping that no one else around here gets sick!

4 comments:

  1. Lauri, I hope both you and your Dad are feeling great by now. I tell you those cousins are going to have the very best times together!! LOL! What a fun room for them!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just horrible that you don't get to see your parents that often, and you were sick the entire time you were there! I hope you are feeling better! I love the idea of having one big room with several beds in it! I'd love that now - for me and my adult sister/cousins! We could stay up talking all night! :-) Can't wait to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cousins' bunkroom. That is AWESOME!! Oh, to be a fly on that wall! I think it's so special that all of the cousins get together at least twice a year to celebrate one another. Not too many families have that these days, and it's so nice to see wonderful memories being made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad you got sick on your visit home. The cousins room is priceless! How much fun are thhey going to have over the years at your parent's house. What a great idea - I'm sure just to get you guys to come visit more often. :-)

    ReplyDelete