Thursday, March 11, 2010

Days

A couple weeks ago I was getting ready in the bathroom with both kids. Connor was having so much fun playing with his sister that he asked me to take their picture.

So I did.



And then I took another one.



And another one.



They were just so cute and sweet, I couldn't stop.



I've had a really good few weeks here at home, just being a Mom. Connor has been a true angel lately. We've been working on good table manners, being polite, being a good listener, and obeying Mom and Dad. And for some reason, he has been paying attention and is being so cooperative. Kaitlynn, too, has just been so precious and sweet and such an easy baby. It makes my days so much more enjoyable and really makes me appreciate the time I have with both of them.

Because I admit, there have been (and still are) days that I definitely don't appreciate it. Days when I daydream about returning to work. Days where I crumble in self-pity because I'm always on duty and never feel appreciated. And, I'm embarrassed to admit, days when I resent being a full-time Mom and wonder what it would feel like to take some time off.

So maybe that's why I can't stop snapping these pictures of my babies. Maybe a part of me realizes that more of the tough days are just around the corner, so I should soak in the good days while I can.



Hmmmm, did I say good days? I meant great.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah, being a mom is not for sissies or wimps. =) Breathe in every moment of the great days, because, as hard as it can be some times, there is nothing to compare in the long haul. The second picute is my FAVORITE!! And, the rodeo looked like it was great fun!! Have a great day, Lauri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this post! First of all, we (moms) want everyone to have good/great days with their kiddos! And...for those of us who aren't having such good days, it gives us hope that if our friends are having those days, then they are sure to come for the rest of us! :-) So...here's to you continuing to have great days with both of your sweet babies! I'll admit, I think they are pretty "great," myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there ARE more good days than bad ones! it doesn't get easier, just different (speaking from having a 10 and almost 13 year old!). constant journey. NEVER let anyone devalue what you do..........

    beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet, sweet post Lauri. I'm so glad you have been having some "great" days with Connor lately. And he is such a great big brother. Seeing those pictures just warm my heart. It's great days like your having that make it all worth it! Cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post. I'm so looking forward to the good and bad days ahead. Since announcing that I'm staying home next year I've had SO many people who stayed home when their kids were little tell me how I would never regret it. I know it won't be easy but I also know there will be sweet moments that will make it worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is one of the reasons I love you so much. I've always admired your willingness to be transparent and honest.

    I know the transition is hard. So much of what you do now is thankless. I mean, really. Where is the day-in, day-out recognition and affirmation that you're doing a great job? Well here it is - YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB!! I'd give you a big hug to accompany that if I were there. Next weekend...

    I look forward to talking more when you're here. I'm counting down the days. Love you!

    ReplyDelete