Monday, March 1, 2010

Week of Birthdays

The last week of February is always a week of birthday celebrations in our family: Collin's on the 25th and mine on the 28th. Here's a recap of our fun birthday week.

We celebrated Collin's birthday last Wednesday night after school. He turned 17 this year...Crazy! We went to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants called Toro. It's a Japanese grill (like Benihana) where they cook the food at your table. Collin's girlfriend Jillian joined us and we kept joking that our family is so big we were able to sit at our own table by ourselves.

Here's Collin seeing his birthday cake for the first time. It always cracks me up when he makes this face.



There, that's better. Too bad the cake didn't turn out well. It was more like a cookie crisp than a cookie cake!



Our cook at Toro was very entertaining, especially for Connor. He threw some rice across the table for each of us to catch in our mouth. Here's a pic after Kevin caught his.



The whole gang before cake and ice cream.



And finally, blowing out the candles. Happy 17th, Collin!



For my birthday, I was so excited for my mom to drive down for the weekend. Jeff watched the kids (all 4 of them!) while my mom and I shopped most of the day. It was wonderful having all of that time to ourselves. One of the highlights was stopping at the Ulta store since both of us were running low on makeup. We got little mini-makeovers and lots of new makeup. Thanks, Mom!

And speaking of my Mom, she has lost over 70 pounds since August! Doesn't she look great?! Incredible!!



On Saturday evening, my Mom babysat Connor and Kaitlynn while Jeff and I went on a date. It was the first date for us in -- gasp! -- 9 months.



We went to Ikea and just browsed the store and then to The Melting Pot for our first fondue restaurant experience. And oh my, it was soooooo yummy. Our dinner lasted 2 1/2 hours! Needless to say, we were stuffed. It was so wonderful to spend time together uninterrupted. Here's a quick pic of our dessert that went with the chocolate fondue. I think I ate the entire plate myself! :-)

4 comments:

  1. So glad everyone had a great birthday. And I'm really glad you and Jeff got to have a night out. It's so nice to have adult conversation, isn't it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time focusing on anything other than the cookie cake and the dessert plate from your dinner. YUMMY! Glad you guys had wonderful birthday celebrations. And you look fabulous, by the way! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and MeMe looks AMAZING, too! You go, MeMe with your 70 pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday!!!! That dessert plate is tantalizing! The cookie cake looks yummy, too! =) Looks like ya'll had a wonderful birthday week! Tell your mom I'm still waiting to see her blogging.

    ReplyDelete