Sunday, January 17, 2010

Shopping Carts

My friend Dana recently posted about the genius idea that some stores have when it comes to catering to Moms with little kids. I thought it was super cute, and then last week I was pleasantly surprised to notice that our local Kroger seems to have adopted the same idea! Connor, Kaitlynn, and I arrived for our weekly grocery trip and realized that the store had upgraded all their old shopping carts along with some new kid-size carts. Connor quickly grabbed one of the carts and began shopping with me. It was really cute to see how much he got into shopping!



You can't really tell from the picture, but Connor's cart was MUCH fuller than mine. He really wanted all the groceries in HIS cart!



A couple days later, I was shopping at Walmart with Kaitlynn and she seemed to be a little restless in her carseat. She is thisclose to outgrowing her infant carseat so I thought maybe I could see how she would do sitting up in the shopping cart.



She LOVED it! She was definitely wobbly and needed me to brace her a bit so she wouldn't fall over, but she seemed to enjoy the freedom from her confining carseat.



Who knew shopping carts could be such a source of entertainment?

3 comments:

  1. Those are really cute pictures! It sure beats trying to grocery shop and having NO room for the groceries b/c the basket was FULL of kids! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! I bet your shopping trips are much more fun now! And I love that Kaitlynn is sitting up in the cart now. She is such a big girl! Hopefully all of this makes your shopping easier and not harder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved it once Jackson could sit in the cart. Made it so much easier. I'm so glad you found the little carts. I wish our Kroger had them. I've only seen them at Market Street and I only go there a few times a year. Looks like Connor had fun!

    ReplyDelete