Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bedtime Sillies

Last week Jeff was in the final stretch of his busy time for the 1st quarter. So Connor, Kaitlynn and I had some good quality together-time while he was away. Our nighttime routine has started to include some "silly time" on our bed before I give the kids their bath.

With Connor in his undies and Kaitlynn in her diaper, we play some little games and enjoy being silly together. One of the games we call "Face Plant" where we sit Kaitlynn up and bounce the bed until she falls over while we yell, "face plant!" Another game we play is called "Roly Poly" where Connor lays on one end of the bed and Kaitlynn on the other with me. Then we encourage Kaitlynn to roll over and over until she reaches the end of the bed where Connor is. It's a perfect way to end the day: playing, snuggling, and laughing.

I'm not sure who enjoys it more, Connor or Kaitlynn.

Or Mommy.











5 comments:

  1. That kind of love.... priceless and precious beyond measure! You go girl! Enjoy every moment of them!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious and such great memories. I think night time traditions are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...You are really make the rest of us look bad! Oh! Or maybe that is just me? :-) My boys get a bath maybe 2 times a week, and I feel like all I do is yell at them the entire time they are in the tub! "Don't splash, don't get water everywhere, quit hitting, stop that, etc.! Kudos to you for having "silly time"....and your sweet babies couldn't be any cuter/sweeter! I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I think you've posted the cutest story, another one comes along that's just as cute. What a sweet idea - I love it! And the kids sure seem to love it, too, judging by the smiles on their faces. I think Jeff really missed out. Hopefully he'll get to participate in Silly Time now that his busy season has passed. Because, really - who wouldn't want in on this action?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serioulsy, like Amanda said, your stories just keep getting cuter and sweeter. I love the Silly Time tradition. What fun. Kids sure do love their play time without clothes on, don't they! Jacob used to run around the house naked for about 5 minutes while I got the bath ready. He loved it! I'm so glad that Connor is enjoying his sweet sister so much...and that she is enjoying her big brother too! What fun times in the Courtright household!

    ReplyDelete