Thursday, January 14, 2010

7 Months

Didn't I just finish posting about how Kaitlynn turned 6 months?? Sigh. Well, she turned 7 months today and we are having so much fun! She is such a cutie and is keeping me on my toes.

She has become a little roly-poly lately. She rolls over and over all across rooms. I like to put her on the floor but I can't leave her for long or she will get herself into some kind of pickle.



Usually she is a pretty good eater and eats the size 2 baby foods, 1 fruit and 1 vegetable each day. But lately she's been turning her nose up at most solids and definitely prefers her bottles (or as we call them, buh-buhs). I guess it's a phase?





She LOVES sitting in her high chair, though.



This past month we've had a bad time of sleeping. I am now completely convinced that Kaitlynn loves HER bed and HER bed only. Every time we travel she wakes often during the night while at home she usually sleeps through. Except when she has an ear infection, which is now a frequent occurance unfortunately.



We've been battling the same ear infection in her left ear since Christmas Eve. 3 prescriptions and 5 doctor visits later, I'm hoping it's finally clearing up. We have yet another trip to the doctor early next week.



Kaitlynn loves to be in the middle of everything. She wants to be a part of the action. Here she is surfing the web with Collin.



She seems to be growing out of the strong resemblance she has with Connor. Granted, they definitely still look alike. But not as much as in the very beginning. See below, the first picture is Kaitlynn followed by Connor, in the same bouncy chair at around the same age!





Believe it or not, Kaitlynn seems to be catching up to Connor in the weight category. The last time we were at the doctor, she was 21 1/2 lbs! She is really too big for her infant carseat now, but I haven't yet moved her into the bigger one because that would mean I have to buckle/unbuckle her everytime we're out and about. Oh, and in case you missed her latest video, she is starting to sit up as well.



One last comparison pic...here's Connor and Kaitlynn side by side at the same age in the same pose. Can YOU tell which one is which?



5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. She is getting big. I can tell the difference between Connor and Kaitlynn but I swear they could be twins!!! She's precious and looks like such a happy girl. I'd like to see a few more bows though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Alex and Kaitlynn have been talking. Because he only likes HIS bed, too. Any other bed, and he's up and down all night long. I just don't get it. I have to go through sleep training over and over again. It wears me out.

    I'm a little discouraged by your note about the solids. Alex has eaten every flavor of the 1st foods except for prunes, and so far so good. Bananas and Pears are his favorite. I hope he continues liking them. Once we finish this batch of 1st foods, I think I'll move him up to the 2nd foods. He's eating two cartons of the 1st foods in one sitting. Sweet little porker! =)

    I can definitely start to see some differences between Connor and Kaitlynn, but they share a lot of similarities, too. So sweet! Love those chubby little cheeks. =) Kiss them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - My favorite photo is the one of Kaitlynn propping her leopard leg up on that high chair. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is getting so big Lauri. Sitting up, sitting in her high chair, laughing, eating her solids, what a big girl she is. And I do love how she and Connor look so much alike still. I love the picture of them in the exact same pose on your bed. Too cute! She is coming into more of her own look, the girlie look for sure! Sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Seven months. Time flies and they change so quickly! Amazing!! Babies are little miracles.

    ReplyDelete