Friday, June 3, 2011

Water Baby

This week we hosted swim lessons for Ms. Glendy's WaterBabies at our house. Ms. Glendy teaches survival swim skills for little ones and her methods are incredible. Folks from all over Houston sign up to bring their kids for 30 minute daily lessons during a week at hosted pools around the area. This was our 2nd year to host lessons and we decided to get Kaitlynn in for lessons this time instead of Connor. I wasn't sure what to expect because she's so young and also because she has NO FEAR of the water. She has been making Jeff and I a nervous wreck everytime we're outside around the pool, so I was hoping for a miracle.

Well, just call Ms. Glendy our miracle-worker because Kaitlynn was floating safely on her back unassisted by Day 1 and was making it to the side of the pool after being "dunked" head first by Day 2. Incredible! In the following video, she gets tossed and floats for a LONG time by herself until she reaches the steps of the pool. (In fact, she floats so long that you might only want to watch the first and last 30 seconds of the 3+ minute video...everything in between is just Kaitlynn floating!)




Jeff and I got in our pool last night with the kids and thought we'd see how K would do with her new swim skills. Before we could even test her, she slipped right off the steps into the deeper water! My instinct was to reach out and rescue her but I quickly realized she didn't need me. She came up on her back with her face out of the water and was floating safely on her own.


With all the swimming we plan to do this summer, we can now look forward to LOTS of fun and much less stress in the pool!

6 comments:

  1. Yea for Kaitlynn! What a miracle! That is just so amazing to me. Courtney needs to get with Ms. Glendy for Alex since she has a pool in her backyard. Jackson takes lessons starting next week. Though his are just general swimming lessons, not anything quite so cool as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I was bawling through the whole video. So proud of Kaitlynn, and wow, what a wonderful thing for her to know. I will be calling Ms. Glendy for sure. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janie (MeMe....Mom)June 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM

    I'm so proud of Kaitlynn's progress...that is so amazing to watch! Especially when you can hear her fussing to let you know that she doesn't like it! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lauri...that was awesome. I can't believe she was floating on her back for as long as she did and didn't give up or get impatient! That is impressive!

    You guys are SO smart for doing this for both Kaitlynn and Connor. Ms Glendy is a blessing for sure! Wow! Now you can enjoy your summer swim time a little better now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to visit Ms. Glendy myself! LOL! I could never float worth a hoot!! Kaitlynn is a natural! I know that must ease your mind. Enjoy your summer swims!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-MAZ-ING!!! I cannot believe how brave Kaitlynn is and how much she accomplished in such a short amount of time! I know that Ms. Glendy is worth every single penny that families invest in her, especially with the peace of mind it brings. Aren't you glad that you go the swim lessons in at the start of summer?!

    ReplyDelete