Friday, June 24, 2011

At the Beach

We are right in the middle of our summer and having a GREAT time already! My friend Michelle and I rented a little condo right on the Galveston beach and we stayed for a few days with the 4 of our kids (her boys are Brady and Tanner). The condo was so cute and the kids just LOVED staying there! The bunk beds were a big hit.


After a long afternoon at the pool and beach, all 4 of these sweeties were exhausted.


Just look at this tired face. Classic!


My poor little point-and-shoot camera couldn't handle the salty, humid air so my beach pictures were all foggy. Too bad because otherwise this one would have been a keeper.


The 4 kids enjoyed some sidewalk races while they were waiting on 2 more best buddies to join us.


And finally they're here! Benjamin and Timothy joined us just in time for 1 more sidewalk race.


This is my FAVORITE picture of the entire visit. These 5 sweet boys have been friends their entire lives.


We loaded up all the kiddos and visited Palm Beach at Moody Gardens. It's like a mini-water park and it was so much fun! The challenge of the day: trying to get the kids to do anything without their goggles. I think the goggles are becoming a new permanent accessory.


Back at the condo after a long day of fun, these boys were definitely worn out. Gotta love summer trips to the beach!

4 comments:

  1. Wow girl. What fun! And how brave of you moms for taking all the kiddos to the beach! I can only imagine how tired they all were but at the same time how much fun they must have had together! I love that you guys have stayed so close all these years. How special for those boys.

    Oh and speaking of boys--poor Kaitlynn! Baby girl need some girlfriends to keep her company amongst all those boys! :) So glad you guys are enjoying your summer! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri, these photos are so fun!! They tell a wonderful story. The second one, with them on the couch at the end of the day, is priceless! I love small herds of kiddos! What a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! Who was more worn out at the end of the day - the kiddos or the mommas?

    I hope you frame that one photo for Connor where all the boys are lined up looking out over the ocean. That is a precious memory right there.

    Glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your summer. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh!!! How fun. This post is making me get super excited for our beach trip next June. I'm impressed that the kids love their goggles so much. Jack won't leave his on.

    I'm so glad those boys have stayed close and that you have made such good friends with their moms. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete