Monday, June 20, 2011

More About Kaitlynn

I am sure enjoying our little 2-year-old these days. We had her 2-year checkup at the doctor today. She is 33 3/4 inches tall (50th percentile) and 30 lbs 7 oz (90th percentile).


Her hair is really growing in fast these days. I would kill for her hair color and style. I pay a lot of money for my hair and it doesn't come close! :-)


Kaitlynn is still quite the daredevil and generally has NO fear about anything. This is both good AND bad.


Her snaggletooth is really starting to show up in her pictures. If I thought I could get her to sit still, I'd take her to the dentist to get it fixed. Something tells me that won't happen for a while.


Almost overnight it seems, Kaitlynn is talking in complete phrases and sentences. She will carry on a complete conversation with just about anyone, but you'll need a translator to understand a word she's saying. (I'm still searching for the translator.)


She is a great sleeper and LOVES her crib. She sleeps 11-12 hours at night and usually takes a 2-hour nap each day. For this, I feel very blessed.


She is obsessed with electronic devices. She hasn't put down her "yo"(iPod Touch) since getting it for her birthday last week.


Kaitlynn is SO into her babies. She loves carrying them around, pushing them in strollers, wrapping them in her blankie, patting them to sleep, shushing them to be quiet, "feeding" them her snacks, giving them pacis, and carrying on conversations with them.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby girl is growing up right before our very eyes. When I saw the picture of her on the stairs, I thought back to our conversation today about how you recently removed the baby gate. I can see now that the gate served no real purpose with her being such a little daredevil. Goodness, girl. She is going to keep you on your toes for years to come. Hope you have a wonderful week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that beautiful hair she has and those big blue eyes! So sweet! I just love the snaggletooth- makes her smile even more unique!! :) She is getting so big, Lauri. Although I know she will always be your baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlynn is precious. She is growing up so fast. I noticed Alex has had a real burst in vocabulary, too. I do so love hearing those little words (that still need a translator -- lol). Enjoy this special time! blessings ~ Tanna

    ReplyDelete