Friday, June 10, 2011

2 Days with 2 Extras

Last Sunday night we had some friends over to eat and swim. All the kids were showing off their new swim skills learned from Ms. Glendy last week. The grownups and kids alike all had a great time. Well, except for this little sweetie...


That's Lily. She was sick. VERY sick. We just didn't know how sick until she had to be taken to Texas Children's Hospital later that night with 104+ fever and what turned out to be a nasty staph infection.

While Lily's Mom and Dad tended to her in the hospital, we kept her brothers Benjamin and Timothy here to play with Connor and Kaitlynn. It was 2 days with 2 extra kiddos and we had so much fun! The boys all had a sleepover in Connor's room and slept great.


They also had some playtime and TV time in their pajamas.


All 4 kids played SO well together. Connor couldn't have been more excited to have 2 of his best buddies here, and Kaitlynn woke up each morning talking about them ("Uh boyz?" she would ask right when she woke up, meaning "Where are the boys?").


I took a couple of car trips with the kids and they were so well-behaved with their snacks and drinks along for the ride. We also listened to a lot of music. Lately Connor's favorite song is "Higher" by Taio Cruz and we listened to it over and over in the car. All 4 kids were singing along and even came up with some choreographed moves! I laughed so much that I couldn't resist taking a quick video from a parking lot.



So what did we do to keep the kids busy and happy each day? Our typical summertime destination: a local mall and indoor play area for playtime and lunch. We visited 2 different malls in 2 days. I definitely get some crazy looks when I take this many kids together!


And as I've said before, you know it's a successful day when this is the scene in the car afterwards:


After all that fun, sweet Lily is thankfully on the mend and just as cute as ever!

5 comments:

  1. Poor Lily! It's so hard to have a very sick baby. :-( But your friend is SO lucky to have you. Seriously, you have always been one of the most selfless and giving people. It really is so kind of you to help out. I know they appreciate it. It does look like you guys had a great time. I love the video of the kids singing and dancing. So cute. Connor is definitely ready for Kinder. He's going to be up on that stage performing in no time.

    BTW, Kaitlynn's hair is getting so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janie (MeMe....Mom)June 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM

    Looks like lots of fun! MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauri....Dana is correct. You are the most selfless person I know! I want to repay you, and you never let me!!!! I can't even begin to find the words to say thank you! "Thank you" just isn't enough. My two kids drive ME crazy - so I can't see how adding them to your mix doesn't drive YOU crazy! And if keeping them for 2 days isn't enough, you have time to capture the moments AND blog about it. You are Wonder Woman -- truly. One day...some how....some way...I will repay you. I promise! Love to you and Jeff for being so helpful and for putting up with and loving my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Lily! And her parents! I just can't imagine. I'm so glad to know that she's feeling better and flashing her sweet smile again.

    Yes, indeed, my friend. We are ALL so lucky to have you as our friend. Not only are you thoughtful and giving, but you are a joy to spend time with. I wish we could do it more often.

    Love you!

    PS LOVE the choreographed routine. That was definitely worth pulling the car over for! What a riot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little Lilly. How scary for her and her parents. Glad to hear she is better now.

    What a true, true friend you are. Stepping up for a friend in need, that's what friends are for! You are a blessing to us all.

    I'm so glad the kids had fun together. What special memories they are making!

    ReplyDelete