Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cousins Weekend

It's been so busy around here that I am having a hard time posting about all our summer activities! The little kids and I just returned from an awesome weekend at my parents' home in East Texas for our annual spring cousins' weekend (it was moved to the summer due to scheduling conflicts). As usual, the cousins all had a blast spending time together. On the agenda was an evening at Dairy Queen for ice cream and playtime, a morning at the local splash pad for water fun and a picnic lunch, and an evening at the movies to check out Cars 2 with a group of 18! It was a fast and furious weekend but we all lived to tell about it. :-) Here are some pictures of all the fun.

Kaitlynn enjoyed trying on her MeMe's reading glasses.


Here is proof that my Dad is building an "Ark" in the backyard swimming pool. Don't ask.


Kaitlynn, Connor, Renee, and Ryah watch a show before bedtime.


Fun at the White Oak splash pad!


These are Jeb and Alli's 3 little blondies with 1 of my own. So sweet!


My cousin Robin and I always enjoy these weekends. We were as close as sisters growing up.


All the kiddos had a great time at the park and splash pad, but their favorite part was probably filling up hundreds of water balloons and then having a water balloon fight.


All 7 of the little Morgan grandkids Sunday after church. Sweet cousins!


A great picture of MeMe and Grand Daddy with their 7 "grands" as they call them.


And 3 of the cousins have something special in common: Makenna, Ryah, and Connor were all born within 6 months of each other and will be entering kindergarten this fall! Crazy!


Finally, I couldn't end this post without mentioning Kaitlynn's new best buddy. She and her Grand Daddy really bonded over this trip. She is madly in love with him and followed him around like a little shadow everywhere he went. One morning he left to take Connor golfing and bless her heart, she just cried and cried for him. Luckily they were reunited at lunchtime and Kaitlynn was ALL OVER her Grand Daddy, showering him with hugs and kisses. I think this might be the start of something very special. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Sweet!!!! And, lots of summertime fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cousins weekends always look like so much fun. What a blessing it will be for them to all grow up being so close. Good for you guys for making that happen!

    I'm dying to know about your dad's ark. Looks interesting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend you guys had. I love that there are so many kiddos all around the same age. I bet they just have a blast and I'm sure they are pooped at the end of each day. How great that you guys have continued the tradition over the years.

    I absolutely love the fact that Kaitlynn is all about her Grand Daddy. I think it's so cute that girls always seem to bond with the men in the family. I can't wait to see Sarah have those same bonds!

    One thing is for sure, you guys are taking advantage and enjoying your summer to it's fullest. I love it! Good for you guys! Can't wait for your visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You MUST come back with a post about the ARK. I'm on pins and needles. You can't just give a teaser like that without some kind of follow-up! =)

    I get such a kick out of hearing about the cousins weekend. Seriously. It makes my heart smile to think about all of them growing up together and being so close even though you all live a few hours apart. I think it says a lot that everyone is committed to making sure that this weekend happens twice a year. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Amanda! What's up with the ARK????? I can't stand it!!!! I didn't even know your parents had a pool!?!?!?

    I love the memories your children are making. I have that with my cousins, and I wouldn't give anything in the world for our time together when we were kids! Love it!

    ReplyDelete