Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pigtails

Last week I was at the mall with my friend Julie letting our kids play together at the mall play area. We noticed a little girl around Kaitlynn's age with the cutest little pigtails and bows in her hair. This little girl barely had any hair at all and yet she still had a few strands up in pigtails. So that did it for me, I decided I needed to bite the bullet and try pigtails on Kaitlynn. And let me just say, putting pigtails in my daughter's hair was probably one of the first things I got excited about when I found out I was having a little girl so this was a much anticipated event!

So here you go, Kaitlynn's very first pigtails:



Here she is chewing on the box of hair bands. I was confused why these are sold in a box of 200, until I realized that you can only use them once and then they are too stretched out to reuse again.



Those little rubber bands are so tiny and it is hard to use them on Kaitlynn's baby fine hair, but surprisingly she actually sits very still while I'm fixing her hair so that makes it a little easier.



I love how the little bows look so cute on her pigtails, but now I'm going to have to find some new matching ones for all her outfits, ha ha!



I've mentioned several times about how Kaitlynn can't seem to stand hairbows or anything else in her hair for that matter. The pigtails seem to work a little better since they are on there pretty tight and it's harder for her to yank them out.



Every once in a while, she succeeds in pulling them out and then you have THIS to deal with:



But I have a feeling I'll be keeping the pigtails around as long as I can. They are just too cute!

4 comments:

  1. This post made my day! I love a little girl in pigtails and Kaitlynn did not disappoint!!! So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are REALLY CUTE pigtails! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big milestone for momma, pigtails! Those are the cutest and she looks adorable! I'm taking notes for sure on this and noting that they really don't need that much hair to make them work! :) I'm glad she sits so still for you while you fix her hair. Hopefully she will stay that way for awhile. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete