Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lately

Just a few recent pics and updates.

Now that Kaitlynn is walking, I've been on a mission to get her into some shoes. The problem is, she HATES shoes. I've tried several different kinds and she manages to pull them off within seconds, just like her hairbows. (I've actually given up - for now - on putting bows in her hair. It's just not worth the fight. Sigh.) But I refuse to let her win the shoe battle, so she's just gonna have to get used to them!



I wanted to get her some white sandals but just couldn't find them in her size in white. Apparently, most Moms of girls have already figured out that if you want white shoes, you need to get them in the spring or early summer, otherwise you just won't find them. Clearly I still have a lot to learn about having a little girl. So we settled for the pink sandals and she's just going to have to deal with having shoes that don't match the majority of her outfits.



On another note, Jeff's Uncle Doug from Michigan was in Houston last week and was able to stop over and have dinner with our family one night. It was great to meet him finally!



And Doug managed to keep Kaitlynn entertained for a while. He thought she might look cute wearing one of Connor's t-shirts.



This is one of Kaitlynn's new faces. She uses it all the time, as if to say, "Oh, look what I found!"



We have yet another new Apple device in our family. An Iphone, 3 Ipods, and now 3 Ipod Touches. It appears to be a sick obsession in our family. Here Connor is playing one of his many apps, and it looks like Kaitlynn may not be far behind.



Finally, this last picture represents a major milestone...the last "Mommy's Milk" in the freezer. The rented breast pump (a.k.a. the ball and chain) was returned this week and I'm officially done with that chapter in my life. Woo hoo!

4 comments:

  1. I love those little pink shoes. Are they Pediped? Jacob and Luke both wore that brand when they began walking. I loved them! Hopefully she will come around. Sounds like she doesn't have a choice! haha!

    And what a huge milestone - the last bag of mommy's milk. I am so proud of you for pumping for so long. That is no easy task. I know she will benefit greatly from all that mommy milk!

    She is getting so big. Walking all over the place, that cute little face while she is reading her book and her wearing Connor's shirt is all too cute! So glad you are enjoying your sweet girl so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh goodness - it those electronic gadgets don't kill me, I don't know what will!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those cute little curls that are coming out behind her ears! So, so sweet. I'm so sorry that she is not wanting to wear the bows. :-( Her aunt Dana would surely love to see her in them.

    I am so impressed with your discipline to pump for a year!!! I honestly don't think I could do it. If BF doesn't work out with Ryan I will have a very hard time making myself pump. I am so proud of you and know that Kaitlynn got lots of good "stuff" from the committment you made. You will never look back and say, "I wish I hadn't done that." And how exciting to get rid of the "ball and chain." I can only imagine the smile on your face! I remember the last time I pumped at work for Jackson - I was SOOOOOO happy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year of pumping. You. Go. Girl. Seriously. I bet you've never been so happy to return anything in all your life! I'm so impressed by and proud of your dedication to giving her a year of breastmilk. That's awesome.

    Love the little pink shoes. She may have those things worn out in no time at the rate she's walking everywhere!

    ReplyDelete