Saturday, September 26, 2009

Connor's New School Has a Stage

It has felt like an eternity since Connor left his old school, Creme de la Creme, after Kaitlynn was born. Since then he has been hanging out at home with me. He often tells me how much he misses his old school and his school friends (which breaks my heart!) We promised Connor he would soon be able to go to a new school, and finally that day has come!

Last week Connor started attending preschool twice a week at a church right around the corner from our house, Foundry Methodist. They have a great program and, more importantly, they actually had openings in the 3-year-old class despite our very late enrollment. I'm not sure who was more excited, Connor or his Mom! When I picked him up that afternoon, the first thing he told me was how excited he was to be able to come back next Tuesday!

Connor shows off his backpack and lunchbox, all set for school.

In front of the school.

OK, this may seem totally random for those that don't know Connor well. One of the first things he noticed about his new school was the abundance of concrete benches throughout the property like the one below.

"Look Mom!" he said when he first noticed the benches. "My new school has a STAGE!"

Let me back up. We have a few of these benches in our neighborhood that Connor regularly visits. He LOVES them because he considers them each a stage on which he can perform. He has many song and dance routines, usually something from one of his TV shows like The Wiggles, Mickey Mouse, or Fresh Beat Band. And before he performs he always makes us introduce him. As in, "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to the show! Please welcome, Connor [pause] Morgan [pause] Courtright!" And the crowd goes wild. What can I say... the world is his stage.

And what more could one want from a new school?

5 comments:

  1. Sooooo funny about Connor loving to perform....wonder where he gets that????? Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That boy is a complete ham!! LOL! I love it! He should be right in his element at the new school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, he has such a great personality. I'm just so sad that I don't get to see him enough to really see it come out. Seems like he is just coming out of his shell by the time you guys leave. Maybe I can see a glimpse of it next weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, he is so cute! I'm so happy you found a preschool that you like and sounds like he likes too! This will be so good for all of you guys! And I love his creativity about the benches being the stage, way to use your imagination Connor! That is too cute! I would love to witness one of those bench performances one of these days! I see theater in his future! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Connor can find his "stage" for performing wherever he goes. Although, he did seem to have a little stage-fright whenever his Aunt Amanda asked him to give a performance once. Maybe those are the days of the past... =) What great fun!

    ReplyDelete