Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Halloween 2015

Connor and Kaitlynn's elementary fall parties coincided with Halloween this year. I was able to attend both parties and really enjoyed hanging out with some of their friends.

The 4th grade party turned out to be really fun, with several active games for the kids and a yummy cookie they could decorate and then eat. Connor managed to get the chocolate icing all over himself; nothing new there!

Connor's 4th grade table mates decorating their cookies.

Connor with one of his best buddies, Jayden, during the pumpkin walk game.

Quick pic while Connor enjoyed his party snack.

The kids in 1st grade had a different agenda for their party. The homeroom Moms (that's me) always meet in advance to plan some sort of craft for the kids to enjoy during the party. I have to admit, I'm quite the dissenter of the group when the craft debate is happening. We've had some disastrous crafts over the years so my vote would be to skip the craft every single time! This year, we ended up planning a craft that turns a paper plate into a spider. I was anxious for Kaitlynn to finish up that spider; definitely not my thing!

Working on her Halloween craft. I guess it's worth it when I see that smile.

Kaitlynn and her best friend in 1st grade, Dominique, do some post party socializing.
 
Our good friends, the Lettows, threw their annual Halloween party again this year. This time, they asked everyone to dress in an 80s theme. So fun! After much debate and deliberation, Jeff and I dressed in costume from one of his all-time favorite movies, which just happens to be a classic film from the 80s.

Our 80's costumes, the Terminator and Sarah Connor.

I think Jeff might've fulfilled a lifelong dream with that Terminator costume, ha! He sure did enjoy using the accent all night. "I'll be back!"

Connor and Kaitlynn went with miscellaneous costumes. Kaitlynn found a cute witch costume and was happy to have a fancy dress and headband to wear. Connor went shopping at the costume store and immediately decided he wanted a morph costume. It's basically a giant, single colored sleeve that you wear to look like some sort of shadow. The funny thing is, Connor chose the black morph costume. So when his friends would ask him what he was going to be for Halloween, he would reply, "a black man." Lol!


Connor and Kaitlynn's Halloween costumes. Connor's "black shadow" cracks me up!


Party photo.

Kaitlynn poses with one of the party decorations.

When the night of Halloween finally arrived, I was happy to let Jeff take the kids trick-or-treating while I stayed home. I may or may not have been hiding upstairs in the house with all the lights off to avoid trick-or-treaters.

Kaitlynn and her sweet friend, Lauren, ready to trick-or-treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment