Saturday, April 30, 2016

Cheers to 10 Years!

I posted last week about the surprise 10th anniversary trip that Jeff planned for us in October. Our actual anniversary was on November 5, and we enjoyed a nice date night, just the two of us.


Anniversary date night selfie.

Cheers to 10 years!

When I reflect on our 10 years together, in many ways it seems to have gone by in a flash. But in other ways, it has felt much longer! We only dated a short time before we jumped feet first into our "shotgun" wedding, ha!

One of our very first Texans games together.


A getaway in Galveston where we realized how much we love being near the beach.
At the Houston Rodeo to see our favorite artist, John Mayer, in concert.

Our first trip overseas together, a beautiful getaway to Jamaica.

Jeff and I feel quite proud of our 10 years together, and we have a true appreciation for overcoming all of the obstacles in our path along the way.



Our wedding day in beautiful Granbury, Texas.

In honor of our 10-year anniversary, I picked a random photo from each year of our marriage to illustrate our journey together as a couple and family. It took me quite a while to pull all of these together, and there were MANY more pictures to choose from, but I sure enjoyed this walk down memory lane.

Year 0 (2005) : Becoming a stepmom to these precious boys was not easy -- for any of us. The road was tough but I'm so thankful to have been accepted as part of their family and for their eventual role in my own kids' lives.

Year 1 (2006): Becoming a Mom to Connor fulfilled me in a way I never expected. The addition of a new baby brought our family of 5 together, and our home was filled with so much love and joy.

Year 2 (2007): Our family trip to Hawaii remains one of our favorite memories together. Of course, Connor doesn't remember a thing!

Year 3 (2008): Juggling our full-time jobs was difficult at times, but we made sure to work in some family fun whenever possible.

Year 4 (2009): Our lives changed once again with the addition of Kaitlynn, the final and perfect addition to our family. I fought hard to get her here and our faith was stretched before her arrival, bringing Jeff and I closer together than ever.

Year 5 (2010): Learning how to navigate life with a family of 6 took some getting used to, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Year 6 (2011): Life with 2 teenagers and 2 youngsters was always interesting and busy. Looking back at year 6, I think that was my favorite time -- the memories and family bonding moments are ones I'll always cherish.

Year 7 (2012): To me, this photo depicts so many things representative of our marriage -- our love of family and fun in the sun. The beach has always been our happy place!
 
Year 8 (2013): Celebrating milestones and achievements has always been a big part of our marriage and family life. With busy schedules and the older boys moving out of the house, Jeff's big 5-0 brought us all together again.

Year 9 (2014): Getting away together has always been a top priority for us. Leaving the stresses of family life behind for a while is always so rejuvenating for our marriage.

Year 10 (2015): Jeff and I wearing big smiles in a photo taken by one of our kids. Amazing to consider what an incredible life we've built together and what all is still to come.


I'm so thankful for a wonderful 10 years of marriage, and I can't wait to see what we have in store for us in the future. Here's to the next 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment