Monday, April 18, 2016

Fall Picture Day

Fall picture day at school is my one time each year to gauge the kids as they grow from year to year. I try to make sure the kids are dressed nice, hair fixed, and I make sure to choose the same traditional blue portrait background for the Lifetouch photos. It's so fun to see how the kids change from year to year.

Of course, I don't have any control on their actual smile when they pose for the photographer, but at least when they leave the house, they appear photo-ready.

Fall picture day.

Did I say photo-ready? Who am I kidding? It never fails, picture day falls on a warm and muggy south Texas day. Even when we use the car line for school drop off, a head of hair can only tolerate so much humidity. Both kids, despite an arsenal of products, end up with a flat and frizzy mane for their annual photo.


Front porch pic of my 1st grader.

Kaitlynn insisted that we include Anna in her matching dress. It was Anna's picture day, too!

As much as Connor fights it, this is one of the few times throughout the year that I make him wear a collared shirt. You'd think I was making him do manual labor or something. He just has it in his head that a collared shirt, even an athletic one, is pure torture.


Front porch pic of my 4th grader.

Picture Day wasn't a total loss despite the flat and frizzy hairdos. Their sweet smiles totally overcame the state of their hair fail. Of course, each year when I see these official portraits, I tend to feel overwhelmed with emotion. My babies look like such big kids!!



Connor's 4th grade portrait



No comments:

Post a Comment