Tuesday, August 28, 2012

1st Day of 1st Grade

Connor started 1st Grade this week! How did this happen? I remember this time last year and I was in tears for days, as well as in a funk for weeks, when he started Kindergarten. It still amazes me how quickly time passes and how far we've both come since then.

 Connor's 1st grade teacher is Mrs. Emswiler. She seems like a perfect fit for him and has been teaching 1st grade for over 20 years. I've already signed up to the be Room Mother again so hopefully I'll get to know the teacher and students well like I did last year. And I'm also on the PTO Board of Connor's elementary school this year so I will be spending a lot more time there in the weeks to come.

Connor and I both couldn't be more excited about the upcoming school year! Here are some pics from his 1st day of 1st grade.


Ready for school with a big smile!


Connor with his 4 neighbor buddies -- we all carpool together and they love it.

My handsome 1st grader. Love this kid!

His seat inside the classroom.

1st day picture with his teacher, Mrs. Emswiler.

1 comment:

  1. Loved your 1st grade updates! Connor looks so cute and so excited for school. He really looks like such a big boy. I always love the pictures you take of them in front of the lake. And your pictures are turning out so good! I can really tell you are doing some different techniques because they are really good!

    I'm glad you like his teacher and it sounds like he is going to have a great year. And you too, room mom and PTO board member! Love it!

    Here's to a great year of 1st grade for Connor!

    ReplyDelete