Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mother's Day Out

Kaitlynn started Mother's Day Out this week and couldn't have been more excited. I think she felt like a big kid because she got to wear her backpack and go to school like her big brother, Nonno. When I suggested we take her picture outside, she was VERY excited because I had done the same thing with Connor last week on his first day.


It's been a long time since she's been so willing to take pictures. Love that smile!


Her backpack is just about as big as she is!


Last week we attended the Open House at Kaitlynn's school. She felt right at home and enjoyed playing with the other kids. This year Kaitlynn will be attending 3 days a week so that I can have some time to volunteer at Connor's elementary school.


I warned the teachers and parents about Kaitlynn in advance. You know, how she tends to be a little, ahem, bossy sometimes. Here she was reading "MoMo" (Elmo) a book.


When I dropped Kaitlynn off at school on her first morning, she just marched right on in. She put her nap mat in the bucket, her lunchbox in the cubby, and her backpack on the hook. Never once looked back. She's going to have an awesome year!

The teachers sent these pictures from snack time on their first day. I LOVE that Kaitlynn's teachers know how much we Mommies cherish photos of our little ones in school. They just made my day!


Kaitlynn was so busy having fun at MDO that she managed to miss her nap. So later in the day, she passed out in the car. School is so exhausting!


As a side note, I have to admit that I had some unexpected emotions on Kaitlynn's first day of MDO. I saw all the parents with their toddlers and preschoolers walking in together, and I just felt so SAD that Connor wasn't with us. I stopped by his preschool class from last year to say Hi to his former teachers, and the kids in their 4-year-old class looked so tiny to me. Was Connor really that small this time last year? It just made me so emotional to realize (yet again) how quickly the years fly by and the kids grow up. I've been loving on Kaitlynn SO much lately because I want to soak in her toddler-ness before it, too, passes me by.

Kaitlynn's first day of Mother's Day Out last year, Oct. 2010

Connor's first day of preschool, Sept. 2009

3 comments:

  1. It does go by so quickly. Kaitlynn looks like she is eating it up!! That is a wonderful thing! Cute as a button, both of them! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, several things! Oh my goodness, I am loving those comparison picutres. I can't get over how little they looked just last year. And the year before, look at Connor's cheeks! He has changed SO much and slimmed down SO much. What a difference.

    It's no surprise to me how much little Miss K LOVES her school. And how great that she will be going 3 days so you will have more time to help at Connor's school. You will enjoy that. Luke doesn't start until next Thursday, not sure why it's so late.

    Enjoy your 3 days, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love of school - one more wonderful thing she shares with her momma. I bet she is a star pupil.

    Isn't it amazing to see how much they change in a year?! So fun to see those comparison pics, and that she was ready and willing to pose for you this year so that you can add to the collection. Oh, and what great teachers to send the pictures to you mommas!

    ReplyDelete