Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer Reading

There's been a lot of summer reading going on in the Courtright house. It's no secret that I am a BIG reader -- I probably go through a new book every week. Jeff thinks Kaitlynn will be a reader like me. She loves books and can sometimes entertain herself by looking through them for long periods of time.


Reading together.


The kids always love when Dad reads them stories because he makes really cool character voices.


In preparation for kindergarten, Connor has been taking a reading class this summer. They start by teaching common sight words and then move into reading with phonetic strategies. The class has been a great confidence-booster for Connor and he seems to really enjoy recognizing words and sentences. The other day we were at the mall and he surprised me when he read a sign to me that said, "Welcome to the Play Area."



With all the reading going on, Kaitlynn has decided she can read by herself. In this little video, she "reads" a Dora book to her Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. That video is PRECIOUS! Loved seeing K read to her daddy. =)

    Our local library has a little summer reading program for kids, and we signed Alex up. He gets to put a sticker on the chart for each new book he reads. Problem is, he tends to want the same stories over and over and over again... I have to "force" him to try new material. I bet K could get him to read a new book or two. She looks like she might have a library-full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing K with all her books. She looks just like her mommy! :)And I love seeing Daddy reading to them as well. Precious!

    I especially love the picture of her outside the front door. Too cute! And her little voice while she is reading is adorable! Glad you got that on video. She will love seeing that one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious video of Kaitlynn reading to her daddy! I'm so glad you are reading and that the kids are too! I'm sad to say that I rarely read these days. I just can't find the time...

    Jackson is still asking about you, Connor,and Kaitlnn. He sure did enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete