Thursday, August 11, 2011

Slim

We have a busy month coming up before school starts so I've been doing some early back-to-school shopping for Connor lately. Last year around this time, I had the HARDEST time finding jeans for him that would fit. Either they fit perfectly around the waist and were too short, or they would be the perfect length but hanging off his waist. I think I bought at least a dozen different brands and sizes last year and NEVER found the perfect fit. Poor kid was always wearing misfitting clothes to preschool.

Well, not this year. I found the perfect fitting jeans for Connor right off the bat. I could hardly believe my eyes, but this kid is actually wearing a 6 slim. Yep, I said, SLIM.




If you would've told me 5 years ago that my chunky (OK, FAT!) baby boy would EVER be wearing a slim anything, I would've laughed you out of the room.


Everywhere I went, people that saw my big baby boy would bring their hands to cover their mouths in surprise at how chunky he was. I even had a stranger once stop me and with ask me about his size with pity in her voice, "What does the doctor say?"


Just for the record, the doctor back then told me that Connor would likely turn out to be one of the tallest, thinnest kids in his class. I kinda think our Doc knows what he's talking about, ha!

6 comments:

  1. love it! wait 'til kaitlynn becomes older -- maggie tried on 8 pairs of jeans yesterday to find the right size. she's slim, but needs "short" length (yep, i have a daughter with short legs). abby, on the other hand, has LONG legs but is so skinny! never easy.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...I forgot how chubby he once was! Love those pictures. Every time I see him, I can't get over how slim he is. He really is so tall and skinny. Jackson's pajamas really showed off his figure. haha!

    Looks like you found just the perfect jeans for him. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post! What a little age and height will do!! so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is seriously stylin! I'm so glad you found some jeans that fit him. And I seriously can't believe he used to be so chubby. I bet you miss those sweet rolls and puffy cheeks. It's funny how they change so much. I guess his body just knew he was going to be tall and it was storing the extra fat in preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinkin' he could be a model, especially based on that first pic. He's got the look and the pose to go with his SLIM jeans!

    I love those baby pictures. When Connor gets to be in high school, if people see those pics, they will never believe that the pics are of your long and lean boy! It's just so funny to see how much they change in such a fairly short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is just too cute modeling his SLIM jeans!! I remember my mom always had to find slim jeans for my brother, Jeff. I wish I could get that same effect! LOL! I've NEVER had to find any slim jeans!! Could Connor please share his secret? LOL!

    ReplyDelete