Friday, February 25, 2011

More Random Catch-Up!

It's been beautiful weather this week and we have been enjoying it! Every evening our cul-de-sac is packed with kids having a blast. Connor, Kaitlynn, and I have been taking regular walks to our neighborhood park. Connor has become quite the bicyclist these days and really loves it.



Kaitlynn's favorite outdoor activity is, what else, playing with the neighbor's dogs. It cracks me up that we are the family who swore we would NEVER have a dog, and then we have a daughter who is truly, madly, and deeply obsessed with them. She finally calls them "puppies" instead of "puppas" and all of our neighbors marvel at how she'll take a good lickin' from the dogs and just squeal with delight.



We are loving this spring weather in February!




I took the following pics of Kaitlynn yesterday. She has a recent obsession with the utensil drawer. She goes there frequently throughout the day and digs around until she finds the kids spoons to play with. I removed them from that drawer, and then she decided to start playing with the adult utensils. This girl doesn't take No for an answer. After seeing these pictures, I noticed how much she is really slimming down. She has been wearing the same size for about a year now.




My last random topic: I have found a new favorite grocery store. HEB. I first started going there because they carry things that I just can't find at my Kroger stores (which are WAY more convenient for me). Then I noticed that the produce section at HEB is incredible with tons of different items and everything always seems much fresher. So now I usually go out of my way to drive to HEB at least once a week. At the checkout counter, the attendants will give Connor and Kaitlynn "Buddy Bucks". These are little papers that look like money that you can take to the HEB Buddy machine in exchange for points and prizes. This is the kids' favorite part of our grocery trip now. Even Kaitlynn figured it out after the first try and does it all by herself now. Anything to keep the kids happy!


6 comments:

  1. Please tell me you're going to frame the picture of Kaitlynn in that blue ruffled shirt and blue jeans. That is one of my favorites to date. And I really think she favors you in that picture. So sweet!

    I'm ready for the warm days to be consistent around here. I love taking Alex outside. He wears himself out and is always ready for his nap when he's done. =) Glad you've gotten lots of time with the kiddos outdoors lately, too.

    K must be sending messages to Alex again - this time about the utensils. Alex loves to get his spoons and forks out of the drawer. I wash twice as many as I would normally have to each night just because of this "activity."

    And, HEB. I've only shopped at one once or twice, but they are a Richards Group client. Would you believe that many of their private label brand products outperform name brands? I remember ice cream was definitely one of those for them. Their stuff is supposed to be really good. Glad you've found it to be a great experience. And kudos to them for creating something for the kids. Taking kids to the grocery store is like being tied up and beaten. Some days, I'd rather take the beating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that blue shirt on her! So precious!!!! And....my kids have been getting buddy bucks since they were born, and I always hand them back to the cashier. My kids have NO IDEA they exist! I am beginning to think that I am a horrible parent! :-)

    Something is telling me.....if this love of puppies continues.....Kaitlynn might be getting a puppy one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaitlynn is getting to be such a big girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the updates. Kaitlynn is getting so big. Strange to think she will be 2 before you know it. I agree, she looks adorable in that blue shirt and those jeans. I love jeans on little girls. You might should hold that outfit out for Sarah! :)

    Oh and I do see a dog in your future as well. And just think you already have the kennel! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful random catch up post, Lauri! The weather has been amazing and I am glad y'all have been able to get out and enjoy it! Yes, Kaitlynn is definitely trimming up... wish I could say the same! LOL! She is a little doll in the jeans outfit! Puppy... well, she has the "house". LOL! Connor looks all grown up riding his bike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, Kaitlynn is just getting too big too fast. I think she definitely looks like you in the blue ruffle shirt and jeans.

    We don't have an HEB around here. The buddy bucks sounds like a GREAT idea!

    Glad you've been enjoying some time outside. I feel like my sanity is returning now that we've been able to walk and go to the park!

    ReplyDelete