Thursday, February 17, 2011

Random Catch-up

Because this blog is our family's scrapbook, I try to make sure I include pictures and updates from all of our family activities and events. I take so many photographs that sometimes I just end up with a ton of unrelated pictures, but I still want to make sure I get them posted so that they'll end up in our blog book at the end of the year. So this is my completely random catch-up post with lots of pictures that have nothing to do with each other!

Kaitlynn has been really enjoying her shopping cart and baby stroller that she got for Christmas. She loves strapping in her babies and strolling around the house. Or in this case, strapping in her Buzz. And just because Buzz is a space ranger doesn't mean he doesn't get thirsty.



Speaking of Buzz, he and Woody are Connor's absolute favorite toys right now. He loves anything Toy Story. A while back, I went to give Connor a kiss before I turned in for the night and I walked in to find him surrounded by his best "friends":



Connor has really been into his artwork lately. Drawing and coloring are great actvities for him. He is always so proud of his "masterpieces" and gets his feelings hurt if he later finds them in the trash. (Oops.)




Another thing Connor is really into these days is scanning groceries. He knows all about bar codes and begs to go through the self-scan line at the store every time. It takes us about 10 times longer, but he loves it.



One thing about boys, it just doesn't get easier than this:



And now on to Kaitlynn... She has always been ahead of her age when it comes to food. She was eating Chick-fil-A nuggets at 8 months. She doesn't like it one bit when you try to cut up her chicken, pizza, bananas, you name it. She wants to eat it whole and manages just fine. She has been using utensils for a while, but usually I try to feed her myself to avoid the mess. I hate messes! Connor learned to use utensils at daycare and I was very happy about that. So it'll be a miracle if Kaitlynn ever masters the spoon because I don't like to let her.



We "recycled" Kaitlynn Christmas dress for Valentines Day. It was red, white, and had snowflakes. That's OK for February, right??? :-)



And speaking of outfits, this one is probably my favorite right now. I like to call these her hot pants, ha!



I started fixing her hair in ponytails and her Mother's Day Out teachers say it just makes her look so much older.




We've been spending a lot of time outdoors this week with the nice weather. Connor and Kaitlynn LOVE going for walks to the park. Our neighbors also have this little scooter that is Kaitlynn's favorite toy. She will stand on it while I push her and she squeals with delight. Jeff noticed me pushing her once and scolded me for not putting on her helmet. So the next time, I made sure to put on her bike helmet before she got on the scooter. And wouldn't you know, she fell sideways into an oncoming bicycle and her helmet-covered head landed straight on the spiky bicycle pedal. So just a reminder...ALWAYS wear helmets!!



Finally, I couldn't resist throwing in this picture of me with my favorite little 4-month-old, Lily Jo. PRECIOUS!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the scrapbook collection!!! Amazing how quickly they grow up. You look beautiful with Lily Jo! And, her little outfit is the cat's meow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pics Lauri! I am VERY impressed with Connor's artistic abilities. Wow! And that sweet K looks adorable, cute, precious...you name it! Love the ponytail! Thank goodness for the bike helmet huh! And I had to laugh out loud at Connor taking full advantage of being a boy. I do the same with Jacob and I think I'm going to miss the ease of it all when Sarah gets older! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your random photos! Connor's attention span amazes me. He is awesome. Kaitlynn is just getting so big - before we know it, she will be over 2! Where does the time go? You look gorgeous in the photo with Lily Jo....and....just for the record, she happens to be my favorite 4-month old too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all of the pictures. Jackson has recently discovered the art of peeing outside and he LOVES it now. He especially loved peeing in the snow. Ha!

    Kaitlynn and her ponytail are so cute and her hot pants are definitely HOT! What a cutie. Thanks for sharing the story about the helmet. i'll have to keep that in mind!


    How sweet that Connor likes to help at the grocery store. Maybe he can be a checker to earn extra money in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, yea, yea! So glad to see you back with the assortment of updates and goings on. I've missed your posts, girl.

    Thank goodness for bike helmets, your own dedicated checker at the store, and best friends that keep you company at night. Life is full at the Courtright house! Thanks for letting us share in the joy. =)

    ReplyDelete