Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trip to the Dentist

This week marked Connor's very first trip to the dentist. I actually made appointments for both he and Kaitlynn, but we quickly realized that we would all be better off if she remained a spectator this time around. At least I managed to get a photo of her in the chair!





Connor was definitely nervous before arriving at the dentist. He had met Dr. Hutchins last month when we visited him to check Kaitlynn's broken tooth. When I asked Connor today if he remembered Dr. Hutchins, he said, "Yes, he was the one with the crazy hair." I personally wouldn't call it crazy, just a little spikey.

Anyway, despite his hesitation Connor did GREAT. The dental assistant, Miss Judy, was wonderful. She started out by introducing Connor to her tools. The first one was Mr. Thirsty. That was the air thingy they put in your mouth to suck out all the water and saliva. Mr. Thirsty!! Love it! The next tool was Mr. Speedy. That was the fast-spinning toothbrush that they use to clean your teeth. Connor got to pick his favorite flavor of toothpaste (orange) and then Miss Judy did a quick cleaning. Then Dr. Crazy Hair came in and took a look at Connor's teeth. He declared them "fabulous" and that was it! Yay, Connor!





Below is the picture of the dentist examining Connor's teeth. I laughed when I noticed his death grip on the chair. Hopefully he won't inherit my severe dental anxiety!

6 comments:

  1. Way to go, Connor! MeMe always hopes to see my dentist ONLY two times each year for check-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for Connor!

    Ok, I must ask. When do you think K will have her first cleaning? Alex already has some serious tarter build-up, but I don't think there's a chance he'd make it through a cleaning. What did your dentist recommend? Please advise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed!! Wow! Mr. Speedy and Mr. Thirsty. I saw Mr. Speedy and Mr. Thirsty last week and I don't think I did as well as either of the kiddos! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Connor! What a big boy! I remember Jacob's ped telling me he should go by age 2. So I did just that. BIG mistake! Cried through the whole thing. Age 3, much better. I am taking Luke for the first time in a few weeks with Jacob so we will see how that goes! Yikes! Good idea to wait on sweet K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Connor. I'm so proud of what a big boy he was! I don't know why - but I always loved going to the dentist - still do. Hopefully Kaitlynn watching her big brother will help her be ready when the time comes. Jackson hasn't been yet either. I know I've asked Courtney but can't remember when she said they were supposed to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dental pictures......I always enjoyed cleaning kids teeth:)

    ReplyDelete