Monday, November 22, 2010

Kaitlynn's Obsessions

I was thinking about writing an update on Kaitlynn recently, and I realized that most of the things I would write would start with "Kaitlynn loves..." because she has so many obsessions these days. So here you go, some of Kaitlynn's recent obsessions...

  • Being outside. She hangs out by the front door and whines/cries until someone finally agrees to take her outside to play.


  • Our Cozy Coupe police car. Every time we go outside, she runs straight to the Cozy Coupe and pulls it out of the garage. She alternates between pushing it down the street and getting in herself for a ride.


  • Going to school. Every Tues/Thurs, she runs right into her classroom and never looks back.

  • Brushing her teeth. She would brush her teeth for 30 minutes if I didn't pry the toothbrush away from her chubby little fingers.


  • Her nap mat. She uses it at school for naptime, and for some reason she starts squealing and gets all giggly everytime she sees it at home. She demands (in her own way) that I unroll the mat so she can lie down and roll around on it.


  • Sitting in those car racing video game seats. When she sees one, she runs right over and makes the sign for "Up!"


  • Puppies a.k.a. Puppas. EVERYTHING is a puppa. Babies, giraffes, teddy bears, you name it. When she sees one, she does a quick intake of breath before exclaiming, "Puppa!"

  • Taking off her shoes and socks. And she'll always announce it when she does this by saying, "Uh-oh!"


  • The fridge, pantry, and dishwasher. All big no-nos.


  • Her pink blankie from her MeMe. It's her comfort item and everytime she sees it she'll snuggle up to it and say, "Ahhhh."


  • Books. Her attention span still isn't great but she loves them anyway.



  • Her paci. I have really been trying to withhold it from her except naps or bedtime, but everytime she sees it (or sees my purse, because she knows there's one in there) she will whine/cry and point for me to get it for her. The good thing about this is that it will quiet her down instantly in a "fussy emergency" (as Connor and I call them).


  • Our sit-and-stand stroller. Every time she sees it, she gets excited because she knows we're about to embark on some adventure, usually at a local mall. She recently decided she was too big to sit, though. Connor was none too happy about it.

3 comments:

  1. It's fun to see kaitlynn's little personality developing. I'm so glad she's loving school. I'm sure it helps you enjoy your alone time more knowing that she is happy to be there! And how cute that she loves her nap mat. It's great that she naps on it. Jackson really likes his too. I love how she kicked Connor out of the big boy spot in the stroller. That's hilarious. I don't think Jackson would give up that spot so easily. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish we were neighbors. Alex and Kaitlynn would be having a grand ole' time together - playing outside, pushing the coupe, reading books. I just know they would be fast friends. He loves all those things, too. And then I'd ask Kaitlynn to have a little talk with Alex about how great it is to spend lots of time cleaning those teeth. He's not enjoying that so much these days. =(

    BTW, I think we're going to end up with the sit-n-stand stroller, too. I'm really glad to see K already enjoying the stand part. Gives me hope for Alex when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love sweet K's personality already shining through! Baby girl knows what she wants and likes, doesn't she! I love that!

    And the picture of them on the stroller made me laugh! That is exactly how it is with Jacob and Luke. Poor Jacob got booted out of the back spot long ago. Luke will have NO part of sitting in the front. Why, I don't know! Connor looks just like Jacob in the front, crowded and unhappy! But what sweet brothers they are, right! Ah, too funny!

    ReplyDelete