Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Field Trip

Last week all the parents and kids in Connor's class went on a field trip to a place called the Oil Ranch. It's a big farm/ranch where they host school and corporate events with all kinds of activities like petting zoo, hayrides, train rides, corn maze, hay pit, farm animals, pony rides, etc. So much to do! Although we could've brought Kaitlynn with us, Connor and I decided to have some special alone time together so we took her to school that day instead. Connor must've overheard me talking about it, because he asked me later, "Mom, aren't you glad that we took Kaitlynn to school today so that we could just relax here at the Oil Ranch?" Ha!

All the way to the Oil Ranch, Connor and I were singing in the car, "We're goin' on a field trip; we're goin' on a field trip!" He was so excited, can you tell?? This was the face I saw the entire morning. (Yes, I cropped myself out of the photo. You're welcome.)



The weather was very pleasant and we had such a nice time hanging out with Connor's classmates, their Mommies, and the teachers. It was definitely a successful field trip, especially for some fun one-on-one time with Mommy and Connor.












I love this last picture showing Connor on the train with his teacher (and babysitter) Ms. Mory and his teacher Mrs. Day with her son Colton.

4 comments:

  1. love.love.love. the photo of Connor with the turkeys in the background! That is a great shot! It is good to have one-on-one time with our children, our spouses, our friends... just good. I love my Little Man so very much, but I miss one-on-one time with my own baby. =) I'm glad you are finding ways to have that special time with each special child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Connor had a great time having you all to himself. Looks like you guys made some great memories. And I'm sure Kaitlynn had fun at school. I miss you and hope we get to see you guys in a few weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the stuff that the good life is made of. =) Just momma and her growing-up-too-fast baby boy hanging out for the day. If anyone ever wondered whether or not he enjoyed his time with you, all they have to do is look at these pictures and see the evidence and a resounding YES! Glad you were able to have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness, he is just too cute. That sweet smile says it all! You can tell he just ate up every minute he had with you. So glad you were able to do this with him and there is no doubt he will remember this special day with you!

    ReplyDelete