Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Pinkalicious

Another major activity during our fall cousins' weekend was to celebrate the fall birthdays for Renee and Ryah. We decided on a "Pinkalicious" theme, which is a popular children's book about a little girl that LOVES pink. It was so much fun to plan this party now that I have a little girl, but again I should say.... Poor Connor!!

We started the party with Ms. Pinkalicious (my mom) making sure that the girls were all decked out in pink. All 8 girls received a pink tutu and a pink halo to wear while my mom read the Pinkalicious book to everyone. There was just one problem...what to do with Connor?! So my cousin Robin made him the perfect shirt that says "Real Men Wear Pink" and he definitely lived up to it.



Can you believe all that pink? Poor Connor, right in the middle of it. He didn't suffer for long though. We made sure he felt secure in his manhood by letting him wear all his Houston Texans gear (helmet, jersey, pants) during the rest of the party.



See? Don't think he minded the pink a bit.

After storytime, the girls were able to decorate their own cupcakes with every kind of pink candy we could find. Connor had his own tray of red candy with some football decorations, and we made sure to have some white icing on hand for him. We tried really hard to make sure he didn't feel left out because of all the pink.



But just for the record, he ended up selecting a pink strawberry cupcake with pink icing. After all, he's a real man. He can pull it off. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Connor!! And, I love the Pinkalicious Party! Awesome memories for all involved!! Sure enjoyed seeing you and Kaitlynn last week! She is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what I love most about this party is that MeMe came donning her Pinkalicious tiara, too! Now that's one cool grandma!

    I'd say "Poor, Connor," but the truth is, he looks like he's having just as much fun as the girls. I mean, what's not to like about a pink strawberry cupcake with pink icing? You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures and Great memories from a very fun party!!!! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party. And I must say Connor looks like the winner here with all that special treatment. I think he's the lucky one. What a good sport he is.

    I still can't believe all those girls. I love the fact that you guys take time out and have these cousin weekends. I can only imagine how much fun it is for all those kiddos. And can you even imagine what these weekends will be like when all those girls are teenagers!! :)

    What fun times and fun memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. Could this be any cuter??? I read that story to some kids at school once. It's precious. I absolutely love that the girls get to share such a special bond. And Connor is such a cutie and good sport! Though I think he's winning here too because he probably gets a little spoiled being the only boy! Looks like fun was had by all. Love the pictures from cousin's weekend. Look forward to seeing more next year.

    ReplyDelete