Tuesday, October 26, 2010

NYC

Jeff and I are having such a blast during our NYC getaway. Both of us have visited New York before, but this time we decided to be actual tourists and take one of those double-decker tour buses to see the entire city. I highly recommend it! And we definitely lucked out because the weather was gorgeous (sunny and 60s-70s) all weekend. I couldn't have asked for a better anniversary trip with my hubby!

Included in our NYC tour was a harbor cruise/tour that went right by the Statue of Liberty. An awesome sight indeed.







Here we are in Times Square early one morning before the masses of people arrived.







And for our last stop in NYC, we attended a taping of the David Letterman show. It's quite funny how we managed to get the tickets. The tickets are free, but in order to get them you have to correctly answer a trivia question about the show. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm in bed most nights by 9 pm, so as much as I like Letterman I don't usually get to watch his show. So I enlisted my brother Ben to help me answer the trivia question for the tickets, only he got his question wrong. So they gave me one last chance to answer another question without any help. I had to name the color of hair of one of the Late Show regulars. After hem-hawing for several seconds, I guessed the color red. And I was right! The taping was a really neat experience despite all the waiting and clapping (Jeff's hands are raw!) and we had a lot of fun. The show guests were Michael J. Fox and Shaun White (Olympic snowboarder) and it airs this Friday night!





Just a couple more days and I'll be "Back to Life, Back to Reality" (as the 90s pop song goes)!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! Looks like such a nice getaway. I'm home with a sick kiddo (Jackson this time.) Ugghhh. I will have to record the Letterman show on Friday. How fun that you got the question right and were able to go to the taping. I'm really glad you are getting to join Jeff in NYC. I bet you guys are making some great memories. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, if you read any good books, let me know. I'm looking for another one to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are having such a wonderful time in NYC!! I couldn't agree more about the Tour Buses!! Who knew? But, they really are a great way to see a new city! The Statue of Liberty would give me chills to see. Congrats on the Letterman tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's official. I'm jealous of your weekend getaway alone with your hubby. Man, I need to see how to get one of those scheduled. I loved seeing all of the pics of just the two of you. How long has that been - five years?! Ha! Enjoy the rest of your stay - enough for all of us. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun getaway you guys are having! So happy you are enjoying some much needed time away! And what a better place than NYC! Love it there! Glad you guys got to go to the Letterman show- those tapings are always fun. Enjoy the rest of your visit- enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete