Friday, May 14, 2010

11 Months

Kaitlynn turns 11 months old today. People keep reminding me that she'll be 1 soon, but I don't want to think about it. I still refer to Connor as my baby and he's 4, so I just can't face it that Kaitlynn is not going to be a baby anymore.

As much as I love her age right now, I have to admit it has been harder and harder to keep up with her these days. I look away for 15 seconds and she gets herself into messes like this...



Or this...



Yep, she's on the move and quite the stinker. She seems to enjoy causing trouble for her Mommy. Often I tell her, "Kaitlynn, no!" or "No ma'am!" and she just looks up at me with a huge grin as if to say, "Ha ha, can't stop me!" Maybe this is the child my mother warned me about?



My new favorite trick of Kaitlynn's is when she gives you a kiss. Ask her for one and she'll lean forward with her mouth open and sometimes even a little tongue. Take a look:



Another recent development with Kaitlynn is the dreaded separation anxiety. It just started last week when I dropped her off at the church nursery. She cried during the entire service, poor thing. And then the next day at MOPS, she immediately burst into tears when I set her down in the nursery room. I'm just hoping this phase doesn't last too long!

She is still a great eater these days and sometimes she shocks me by how much she'll eat. A couple weeks ago I was running errands with her and suddenly realized I hadn't fed her all morning, so we stopped at Chick-fil-A for some chicken nuggets. She ate 4 entire nuggets by herself! She also seems to have an affinity for pizza and Mexican food. Definitely a Courtright.



Kaitlynn also recently had another 2 teeth grow in on the bottom, so that makes 8 in total for now. She loves to play peek-a-boo by pulling things over her face and then yanking them away and grinning at you.

Although she's a great sleeper in her crib, Kaitlynn rarely sleeps elsewhere (like in her carseat or stroller) and will get SO cranky when she misses her naps, which tends to happen often since we're always on the go. But she is definitely dependent on her paci; she cries out at night if she can't find it. I'm not looking forward to breaking that habit!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...one month til she's one year! What a big girl. She is doing so much these days. Just think, a year ago we were praying for her health and development! Look at her now! Love that she's a great eater and explorer. Jackson was like Kaitlynn in that he would not nap anywhere but the crib. I imagine it's a lot harder with #2 because you have to get out to keep #1 entertained! Glad she's giving out lots of kisses. Those are the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just the cutest thing ever!!! I love the kissing video. Her kissing herself is the best - it really shows the tongue action she as going on! I also LOVE that navy bandana (?) dress! Oh my gosh - that's cute! Give her kisses from me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that navy dress is sooooo cute! I love it! She looks like such a big girl. And those sweet Kaitlynn kisses, too cute! There's nothing like a wide open mouth coming at you. :)

    I'm lovin' that she can eat 4 CFA nuggets all by herself. You've trained her well! :) She IS on the go, isn't she. Just wait until she is walking! It won't be long. Can't believe she is going to be one soon. It blows me away.

    Sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete