Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Special Birthday

I really want to wish an extra special birthday to an extra special MeMe. My mom celebrated her birthday yesterday, and we were blessed to have her stay with us during her birthday weekend. She actually came all the way down here so she could babysit the little kids so that Jeff and I could have a much-needed date night. On HER birthday! Now isn't that just like a Mom?

We had a great weekend together -- shopping, eating out, and spending time together with the kiddos. It was a great visit and we were so thankful that she chose to spend her birthday with us. Love you, Mom! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

  1. There is nothing more special than a weekend spent with mom! So glad you guys had such a fun visit. Sounds like it was a win-win for all. She got to babysit which I'm sure she and the kids loved. And you and Jeff got a date night! What a treat, a rare treat these days I know! Happy Birthday MeMe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a special MeMe! So nice of your mom to help out so that you and Jeff could have a date night! I'm sure it was extra special for her to share her birthday with Connor and Kaitlynn! Funny how grandma's don't mind the work as much! I hope your mom had a wonderful weekend, and I'm so glad that you all got to spend some time together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Meme! What a great treat for you and Jeff - I'm sure it was a great birthday gift for your mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, MeMe! I know those sweet grandbaby hugs must have been a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a Great birthday....even without a birthday cake!!!! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Late Birthday, MeMe! I know getting love from those babies was the best gift possible!!

    ReplyDelete