Friday, November 13, 2009

Five Months

Kaitlynn is 5 months already (tomorrow)! Every single month that goes by I find myself shocked and amazed at how quickly the time passes. We are having such fun with this precious baby right now. She truly is in the sweet "Gerber baby" phase as my doctor calls it. Her little personality is really blooming and is such a joy to witness.

Here are some new developments with baby girl:

  • She is FINALLY sleeping through the night! Phew! This wasn't an easy process, but Kaitlynn finally started sleeping all night a few weeks ago. I had to let her cry it out night after night, which was NOT fun, but I knew the end result would be worth it. She is now sleeping around 11 hours, from around 7:00 pm until 6:00 am. (The recent time change has thrown us for a loop so both kids now wake shortly after 6:00 am most mornings.)
  • It's official - Kaitlynn is getting her first tooth! One of her bottom 2 teeth has already broken through her gums and the other one is right behind it.
  • Kaitlynn is now rolling over from back to tummy. The only problem is that once she rolls onto her tummy she is stuck and needs rescuing. I think she got tired of getting stuck because she hasn't shown off this new skill for over a week now (hence the lack of video for this milestone).
  • She is eating rice cereal with milk and other first baby foods most nights. She definitely seems resistant to solids. One time I mixed her rice cereal with applesauce and at the first taste she immediately burst into tears! It was so pitiful but it cracked me up. I mean, what's not to like about applesauce??
  • She wants so badly to be in a sitting position instead of on her back. When I put her in her bouncy seat or carseat, she will lift and pull up as hard as she can to try to sit up by herself.
  • She is grabbing everything she can with those sweet little hands. Connor thinks it's funny that when he leans over her, she'll grab at his face or his clothing. And she won't let go!
  • Speaking of grabbing things, Kaitlynn has now learned to find her paci and stick it in her mouth! It is pretty funny to watch because she struggles over and over putting the paci in her mouth and pulling it out again until she gets it just right.
  • It's kind of hard to see in the pictures, but Kaitlynn's hair has really taken on a strawberry blond color. Especially in certain indoor lighting, you can really see a reddish tint and many people have commented about it. It'll be interesting to see the color when it grows out.
  • She is HEAVY! She weighed over 18.5 lbs last week and so her carseat is getting difficult to carry these days.

Sweet smile from my sweet girl.


Blue eyes just like her Daddy and brother.


She still sleeps with her arms way up by her head.


In this picture you can see her strawberry blondness.


Connor still loves his baby sister. Their expressions here crack me up.


Here she's sitting up in her bouncy chair. She doesn't like to lay down!


Chillin' and watching some TV with Dad.



And now here's a video showing off her newest skill with her paci!

5 comments:

  1. I just checked out the new post before hitting the road to come that way! It makes me anxious to see Connor and Kaitlynn (and the rest of you....of course!!! Ha!) Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, such sweetness! I can't get over her! Those little rounds cheeks with those big blue eyes and that great big smile! She IS a Gerber baby! I love all that she is doing and am thinking she will be sitting up before long. And I think she might be crawling before too long too. She looks like she has lots of energy to get her going and of course a big brother to keep up with! I just love the picture of Connor and Kaitlynn together. Those expressions are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies so quickly... They change almost every day it seems. She is a happy little camper with LOTS of love!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every picture on this post. I love her smile. I love her watching TV with Jeff. I love her silly expression with Connor. And that she's sitting up so well! Oh my gosh! She's developing so many new skills. Oh, and I'm most impressed with the paci. Isn't it sweet to watch them struggle so hard to get it, and when they finally do how excited you are for them? Alex has given up the paci altogether. He's turned to his hands/thumbs these days.

    I want to have part 2 of our conversation. I know your mom is coming this weekend, but call me first chance you get. I'm glad to hear baby girl finally made it through the night. Do you have a whole new take on life? Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, those are some precious pictures!! Love the one of her up against the sky - with her beautiful blue eyes. So glad she's sleeping through the night. This is the age where I finally started to feel like myself again - Jack was sleeping better and crying less. So cute that she's trying to sit up. That opens up a whole new world of self entertainment with toys!

    ReplyDelete