Friday, November 6, 2009

Foodie Friday

I learned about the neat concept of Foodie Friday from Tanna, and I just happened to have a new recipe that I was wanting to share anyway. This was a potato sidedish recipe I saw on The Next Food Network challenge by Melissa d'Arabian and I just had to try them for myself. They are very yummy and super easy to make. Here you go:

Individual Potato Gratins

Ingredients
  • vegetable spray
  • 2 large russet potatoes, roughly peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 3/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray 8 muffin tins with vegetable spray. Layer potato slices, cheese, and onions into each muffin cup. Season with salt and pepper, and top each gratin with 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. Cover with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil halfway through cooking time. Invert gratins onto plate and serve.

4 comments:

  1. Great looking recipe!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lauri, I was so excited about that recipe, too! They just looked soooo pretty and delicious! I did try it right after the show... I'm not sure if the oven wasn't hot enough or what but, my potatoes were still VERY firm. LOL! Maybe I just had super potatoes. Now that I know they were a success for you I am going to give them another try! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. I think I might have to try this one too! I love new recipes. I might have to post one next Friday. I have a new good recipe for a yummy dessert that would be fun for the holidays! Thanks girlie!

    ReplyDelete