Monday, November 2, 2009

I've Been Tagged!



Ah, the blogger's version of the game of Tag. Too fun! I was tagged by one of my best friends Amanda who was tagged by her sweet Mom.

Here's how the game works: answer the following 5 questions and then keep the game going by tagging 2 more people. Here goes...

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Do I really want to admit this? OK, fine. Exactly 10 years ago I was a newlywed. Obviously I am referring to my first marriage which as we all know didn't work out. I was also a new Mom at the time... to a critter of the furry kind. Anyone remember my fat cat Patch? He was so adorable. Sadly that didn't work out either since he ended up with my ex (probably for the best anyway). Let's see, I was also one month into a new job at Shell Chemical Company as a programming consultant. I only had that job for over a year before I moved on to something else. Hmmmm, I am seeing a pattern here.


2. What are 5 things on your to-do list?

Gee, only 5? Well here are the immediate to-dos:
  • Clean my house after the tornado (also known as the teenagers) blew through this weekend.

  • Wash my hair. How sad is it that I have to put this on a to-do list?

  • Finish putting away the mountains of laundry sitting in the entryway before Maribel our cleaning lady arrives on Tuesday. Best money spent every month, God bless her.

  • Write the November check for Connor's preschool. Best money spent every month. Oh wait, I already said that.

  • Visit the grocery store. Again.



And then here are the longer-term to-dos:

  • Decide where to hang several dozen family pictures throughout the house. And then actually hang said pictures.

  • Join in with neighbor for a garage sale to get rid of accumulated junk.

  • Replace all the ugly brass fixtures throughout my house (hence the need for garage sale money).

  • Finish decorating the nursery. Preferably while the baby is still a baby.

  • Lose the baby weight. Can I still call it baby weight if it's been there since the first baby, um, 3 years ago?



3. What are snacks you enjoy?

Hmmmm, well it's no secret that my favorite snack of all is just a plain ole' Coke. OK, maybe not plain...I actually prefer a fountain Coke with lots of ice in a styrofoam cup with a straw. I don't know why it makes a difference, but it does. I've also been known to love a warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream. Unfortunately neither of those help much with long-term goal #5.


4. What are the places you have lived?


  • Born in Austin, Texas

  • Longview, Texas from 6 months until college

  • Searcy, Arkansas for 1 semester of college (don't ask)

  • Back to Longview, Texas for another semester

  • College Station, Texas for 3 years of college (whoop!)

  • Houston, Texas ever since



5. What are 5 things you would do if you became a billionaire?

Again with the 5 things - this is hard! Well since Jeff is the financially-minded one of our household, I had to defer this question to him. His answer? Set aside $100 million in trust and then give the rest away. $100 million would be more than enough for our family, our kid's families, and their families too. Our frivilous spends would probably include lots of travel, lots of massages (for me), and I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff wanted to buy himself a football team so he could show the Texans how they're supposed to play.


OK, well my game of tag is up! Julie and Beth, it's your turn. Tag, you're it!

4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud reading this! So much more entertaining than mine, and, boy, did this bring back memories. I had almost forgotten about Patch - the only cat I ever knew who also happened to be a fatty patty hog dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...brownie and ice cream. YUM! Love the part about decorating the nursery. She'll never know the difference!

    And yes, I remember patch. I remember when you guys got him. He was so little. I also remember when he ate panty hose. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lauri, I just love you! You are the best! Oh the good 'ole Harding then Kilgore days! What memories! And I do agree with you on the best money spent during the month is on a good house cleaner and preschool! Oh and how I can relate to your immediate to-do's. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauri, you did an outstanding job of entertaining with this rendition of Tagged! I was howling! Thank you so much! LOL!

    ReplyDelete