Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Updates

I am SO thankful to report that Kaitlynn is well on her way to recovery in the poop department. The enema she had in the ER really cleared her out, and since then the steady doses of Miralax are keeping her regular. She no longer seems to be fearful of going #2. I'm not calling her "cured" just yet because I know things can change on a dime with this condition, but she is back to normal these days and I couldn't be more relieved.

One of Kaitlynn's MANY mischievious looks!

Jeff recently celebrated his 49th birthday! He's been calling himself 50 since last year. I always thought it was women who freaked out about the big numbers but he definitely isn't happy about it. At least we can begin planning another big trip to celebrate!

Jeff and I enjoying lunch on his birthday.

Collin came over for a visit recently and the kids were enjoying Dad's iPad. I caught this picture of them all which I love.

Our 4 kids sharing a laugh.

Kevin has been taking a Construction Management course in high school the past 2 years. This year, he created this decorative bowl as one of his projects. It was accepted for a statewide competition, and he ended up winning 3rd place in the category. So proud of him!

Kevin's decorative bowl - so awesome!

Spring has sprung around here and we've been BUSY. The weather has been GORGEOUS which means we are rarely here at home but instead out and about enjoying the outdoors. Also, we have a big project we're working on at the Courtright house that we are super excited about, but I think I'm gonna keep it a secret for a while longer. Needless to say, we're all pooped out from all the activity.

I couldn't resist snapping a picture of Kaitlynn completely zonked out!

5 comments:

  1. Oh the suspense...I CAN'T wait to hear what you guys have been working on! I've been thinking you've already made-over your bedroom, Kaitlynn and Connor's room, your living room...hmmmm. I can't wait to hear and see pictures for whatever it is you guys are working on!!

    I LOVE the picture of all 4 kiddos. So genuine, so natural and so so sweet!

    Glad to hear Kaitlynn is making some bathroom improvements. I know that is a huge relief for you guys!

    And happy, happy birthday to Jeff! One more year to the big 5-0! And a big trip sounds like the perfect celebration!! :-)

    Miss and love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Michelle! And I think it's pretty awesome that you got to be there, not only to witness, but also to capture it on camera. I know she will forever cherish having those photos.

    The pool? We've joined a pool for the summer, and when it opens Memorial Day Weekend, it will probably still be cold. A little jealous of you on this one, friend.

    Glad the poop situation is currently under control. I still can't get Alex to go on the potty, despite the incentives.

    Happy birthday to Jeff! Fun trips always make a birthday more exciting, no matter the age.

    And I am DYING to know what the "under-wraps" project is!!! The suspense!!

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't make us wait too long to hear what you guys have been working on. I'm dying to know! I almost texted you yesterday begging for you to spill the beans. :)

    You and Jeff look great. Tell him happy birthday from our family.

    Love all the updates of the kiddos. Glad everyone is doing well.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - For the "boy joy" pictures, I've been using both, the Tamron lens and the 50mm. I haven't used the 50mm in a long time, and I've enjoyed having it out again! Have you decided on one you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice update post and pictures! Happy Birthday to Jeff!
    What is the bowl Kevin "created" made of? I have a big wooden bowl on my living room coffee table that Dad created in his high school shop class!
    Glad the bathroom trips are going better! Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete