Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Coolest Play Area

Back when I became a new stay-at-home Mom, I relished any opportunity to get out of the house and find inexpensive options to keep my kids entertained during the day. Kaitlynn was an infant at the time, so my top priority was to keep Connor happy, busy, and active. My favorite discovery at the time was a local play area about 20 minutes from our house. It's a whimsical play area at Memorial City Mall in Houston, and it is just about the coolest play area I've ever seen. It has a castle, lots of steps, tunnels, bridges, slides, pits, you-name-it! It is the perfect play area for kids that are about 18 months - 5 years old. And, it's indoor, close to lots of food options (food court), and best of all, it's FREE!

Now that Connor is in school full-time, I don't feel the same pressure to keep Kaitlynn occupied like I did when Connor was younger. But sometimes I remind myself that she would probably like to have the same opportunities for playtime like he once did. The other day, we made a special trip to Memorial City Mall so that Kaitlynn could play to her heart's content. And boy, did she!!

Lounging in the toddler pit.

Hanging out at the entrance to the drawbridge of the castle.

Climbing the steps to the castle entrance.

Riding the dragon.

I had so much fun with my baby girl that day, just letting her run and play and be a kid! She was SO happy to have my undivided attention and to play to her heart's content. She even let me take lots of pictures without putting up too much of a fight.

Pure joy, mixed with a little mischief!

As we headed outside to the car, it was evident that it had been a successful day of play. This NEVER happens:

She was officially pooped out. Mission accomplished!

I have a feeling that we'll be making more trips to our favorite mall play area very soon!

5 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness! Now I'd say that is the coolest mall play area I have ever seen too. I know not 1 but 3 other kids that would love that place too! How fun for Kaitlynn. And for mommy too. Hopefully you got to sit and chill a bit while she ran around and played. What a fun day you two had. So glad you took advantage of your day together with your sweet K. I have a feeling you guys will be visiting this mall again very soon! Especially if she has anything to say about it! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.w.e.e.t!! Both of you! That place looks like a magic kingdom for your little princess! blessings ~ tanna
    ps thanks for the good advice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is seriously the most fun play area! I really wish that was around here. I know two litte boys that would love it. I'm so glad you two got to have a fun day together. It's obvious from the last pic that she had a blast!

    Hope you had a great b-day. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous. WOW! That place rocks! Alex would be in heaven--and I bet he would be even more excited to get to play in that kingdom with Kaitlynn. I so wish we had something that was even half of that and one of those squirting water park things. I could keep Alex occupied year-round. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny....I've never looked at this place in this "light" before.... I am always viewing it from running around after 2 rowdy, rough boys! K makes it look AWESOME! Think I can go with JUST her? :-)

    ReplyDelete