Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pics with Santa

For those who may not know, we've had some traumatic moments with Santa throughout the years. This was Connor on Santa's lap in 2007, when he was 18 months. See what I mean?



Last year was no better, although I didn't force him to get the photo. He talked a big game, like he was excited to meet Santa. But then when he went with his buddy Jacob to sit on Santa's lap, he changed his mind and wanted to get as far away from that man as possible!

This year, I started telling Connor how he needed to be a good big brother and help take Kaitlynn to sit on Santa's lap so she wouldn't be afraid. He seemed to embrace that role and really started acting excited to meet Santa. One day we were at the mall and discovered that Santa was there, and I pointed him out to Connor. He immediately froze with a look of pure terror, but quickly shook it off. I teased him later that he seemed to be scared of Santa, and he replied very forcefully, "NO, I'm not! I'm NOT afraid of Santa!"

So we ventured back to the mall a week later in his Christmas clothes so he could sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wants for Christmas. I was convinced he would chicken out. More than convinced, actually. Here he is waiting in the line to see Santa. So far, so good.



And what do ya know, he actually did it! He walked up timidly at first, but then he climbed into Santa's lap and started chatting away. He was definitely nervous, but he did great! I laughed when I saw the picture, though. Do you think he could've leaned any further away from Santa?



He told Santa he wanted a Wonder Pets flyboat, of all things. I have no idea why he wants that (from the TV show Wonder Pets) but I guess Santa better get busy making it!

I was planning to get both Connor and Kaitlynn to sit on Santa's lap during that visit, but it didn't work out that day in the mall. So I ended up taking Kaitlynn by herself a couple weeks later. She did fine, although of course she refused to give up a smile.



Then earlier this week, Santa came to Connor's school so I figured I had another chance to get both of them in his lap. Of course, in my rush to get them both ready, I forgot Kaitlynn's cute hair bow. I'm sure Aunt Robin will let me hear all about that at Christmas time!



One last pic to share, just for fun. Here's Connor's first photo with Santa at about the same age Kaitlynn is today.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I laughed out loud when I saw how far away Connor is leaning from Santa. That is so precious. But he has the sweetest smile on his face. He was trying to be so brave! I remember how badly he was shaking last year when he got close to Santa. He has come along way! What a sweet boy. He looks mighty sharp in his vest and tie I must say! And sweet little Kaitlynn looks as cute as ever and not having a clue who is holding her, that's the beauty of that age. I love the past pics of Connor too! Twins of course! Love it!
    I haven't tried the Santa pics yet. Luke is happy as can be waving to Santa every time we go to the mall, at a distance of course. I can't decide if I should even try it or if I should just be in the picture with him. Oh and Jacob got the Wonder Pet flyboat for his birthday and loves it! Santa better get busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 18 month picture of Connor with Santa is one of my all time favorites! I forgot how much hair he used to have!!! Pictures with Santa are so priceless. It's so much fun to see how the kids respond to him. I have no idea how Jackson would do. We haven't gone yet this year... Kaitlyn looks so sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee hee! I couldn't help but laugh at Connor's first picture with Santa - so serious - and his second picture - scared out of his mind to be there. And now, still cautious but warming up to the idea. Kaitlynn looks like a doll with her little Christmas parka. How cute is that?! These are my favorite types of pics where you can look at them year over year to see how much they've changed. I think the biggest change is Connor's hair! I had forgotten how much hair he had!!

    ReplyDelete