Tuesday, December 15, 2009

6 Months

Kaitlynn turned 6 months this week! She weighed in at 19 lbs 10 oz (95th percentile), measured 26 3/4 inches (90th percentile) and her head was 16 1/2 cm (90th percentile). I always think it's fun to compare her size to Connor's size at this age; he weighed 23 lbs 4 oz and was 27 1/2 inches long. So although Kaitlynn is catching up, Connor was still quite a bit bigger at 6 months!

Here are some additional fun facts about Kaitlynn at 6 months:



  • She is wearing size 4 diapers and size 12-month clothes. (I know that sounds big, but Connor was wearing size 6 diapers and 24-month/2T clothes at this age. No kidding!)



  • She loves to sit up and stand on her legs, but she stills needs lots of support for now.



  • Her 2 bottom teeth are still coming through. She is constantly wanting to chew on things and puts everything in her mouth.



  • She still hates to be on her tummy, although she recently started to tolerate it a little better.



  • She rolls over both ways, but usually gets stuck on her tummy and wants to be rescued. And as soon as I rescue her, she rolls right back into the same position!



  • She is eating solids pretty well now, usually 1 fruit and 1 vegetable per day. And she HATES peas. But I guess I can't blame her.



  • She is still pretty stingy with her laughs, but she smiles easily at just about anyone.



  • She is a great sleeper--most of the time. When she is in a strange bed she wakes up several times during the night. But at home she has a good routine and sleeps from 7:00 pm until about 7:00 am with about 4-5 hours of naps during the day.



  • She LOVES television. She watches TV with Connor and it really holds her attention. And she does have a favorite show: The Backyardigans. When she hears the theme song she will pop her head up and crane her neck to watch. Too funny!



  • I've started teaching her some basic signs and words like I did with Connor, and she seems to be picking them up. When I do the sign for milk, she will open her mouth like she wants a bottle. When she's on her last bite of solids, I will do our sign for "One more, all done" and she just smiles and giggles because she knows she's almost through. It cracks me up.



Even though we had family and sibling photos taken last month, I went ahead and took her again to get her 6 month photos today. They turned out much better since she actually smiled this time. Here's a sneak peak.



















And here's some other recent pics showing what she's been up to.

Connor still adores his baby sister.


Having fun with Daddy.




Last weekend was the first time she fell asleep on her tummy. I was surprised since she usually hates it so much.


She went to her 2nd Texans game this month and slept right through it. The tailgating wore her out I guess.




I recently gave her one of those Gerber biter biscuits. She seemed to like it but they are so messy!

5 comments:

  1. Love the 6 month photos you had done. They are beautiful!

    Let's talk sleep. Alex is the same way when he's in a strange bed - which is going to make for fun holidays while we're going from house to house. But 7 to 7? Girl - I'm so happy for you because of all you went through to get to that point. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. Alex just can't quite get there yet - even in his own bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - those 6 month pictures of Kaitlynn are precious!!! They are so incredibly good. She is just a doll! Thanks so much for the update!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. photos are GREAT! i do have to laugh, since maggie only weighed 20 pounds at TWELVE months....where i got such tiny children i do not know.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. She just keeps getting more beautiful by the day. Great pictures! Can't believe she's in a size 4 diaper! So is Jackson! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those photographs are WONDERFUL!! I love her in her little jeans and white shirt! Too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete