Monday, December 28, 2009

Cooking with Connor

This year was the first year I felt like I actually had some time to contribute some Christmas goodies and snacks for our family celebration at my parents' house in East Texas. So Connor and I decided to make some Christmas cookies with some fun cookie cutters we found at the store. (We were inspired after making some cookies with his good buddy Jacob during our December trip to Dallas!)

So one day before Christmas, I put Kaitlynn down for a nap and then Connor and I began to make our cookies. I rolled out the dough, Connor cut them into shapes and added sprinkles, and then we baked them. We had quite the assembly line going. At one point, I was concentrating on rolling out the dough (minus a rolling pin, not an easy task) and I noticed that Connor was busy chatting away as he sprinkled his cookies. He was explaining what he was doing along the way. And then I kept hearing him say, "Welcome back" and then "We'll be right back." Then he asked me if I would talk while I was making the cookies. "Talk?" I asked, "What do you mean? I'm busy making cookies." He explained, "But Mom, the people on the cooking shows always talk when they are cooking, so you need to talk to the people." So apparently, we were in the middle of a cooking TV show with an audience and I didn't even know it!

From there, we proceeded to conduct our very own cooking show as we finished up the cookies. And it's obvious that Connor likes to cut to a commercial break because he kept saying "We'll be right back" followed by "Welcome back!" But my favorite part was when I would transfer the pan of cookies to the oven, because Connor would say, "We're just going to pop these in the oven now."

I guess I've been watching a little too much Racheal Ray lately??


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that is the cutest story! I love it! He is always in his pretend land and that is so great. And I love how you go right along with it. Just like the 3 Oso steps. You are so good. That kind of stuff wears me out!! What a sweet, sweet story and good quality time for you and your sweet boy! Can't wait to hear all about your Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just laughed out loud reading this! Oh my goodness!! Lauri, that is hilarious. Connor is quite the entertainer - I look forward to watching him grow up and see how that little ham puts his talents to good use. I'd love for him to do an in-home demonstration at my house. I'm a fan of the cooking show - especially if I get to taste test. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. See- look at what a good mama you are!!

    ReplyDelete