Thursday, May 14, 2009

Connor's 3rd Birthday

I am so far behind on my updates that I'm going to have to post several things in a row to catch up! I feel terrible for not posting sooner, but last weekend (May 3) we celebrated Connor's 3rd birthday! It was fairly low-key since his real birthday festivities were scheduled in upcoming weekends (more on that later), but we still managed to have a little birthday celebration in his honor. My biggest contribution was to make cupcakes with orange icing - his favorite color - and he definitely seemed appreciative. He also wanted to swim on his birthday, so despite the cold water Connor, Jeff, and Kevin managed some swimming fun in our pool.

Some reflections now that Connor is 3... I recall telling some close friends of mine recently that I am LOVING this age right now. It just seems like Connor has become such a big boy, almost overnight. In the past few weeks he has moved from a crib to a big-boy bed, given up his pacifier, begun sharing a bedroom with Kevin, and he is now also officially potty-trained. Such big changes in such a short time! Another thing I've noticed recently is that we are no longer "Mommy" and "Daddy" but instead he calls us "Mom" and "Dad"... what's that about?? Below are some pictures and a video from Connor's big day.
Connor and his orange birthday cupcake.

Enjoying a birthday swim. Happy 3rd Birthday, Connor!

No comments:

Post a Comment