Thursday, April 25, 2019

Our New House

My main reason for visiting Katy in early March was an exciting one -- we were closing on our brand new house! We purchased a spec home in west Katy after my quick visit in December. After weeks (months) of back and forth, we finally agreed on a closing date in early March. Let's just say the builder was LESS than accommodating to us being overseas. It ended up being several weeks of super stressful and frantic phone calls and emails, which is why we agreed to close on the house before we were truly ready. I have LOTS to say about the builder and our feelings towards them, but in the end, we are feeling grateful and excited for the next house that the Courtrights will call home.










Once we closed on the new house, I began frantically following through with my planned appointments for the short remaining time I was in town: flooring installation, window coverings, security system, mailbox setup, internet/cable installation, lawn care, pest control, you name it. I also shopped for appliances and various household items, and I set up a schedule for various people to care for the home while we were away. It was truly a blessing that everything went according to plan for the last few days I was in Katy. I admit, it was difficult leaving town again knowing that our new house was waiting for us. Our next chapter would begin very soon and we were excited and ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment