Monday, April 8, 2019

Field Trip with Kaitlynn

Over the years, I've been spoiled by my flexibility to attend school events with and for the kids. This year has been no exception. I began subbing at the kids' school and have really enjoyed it, and it also allows me to see them and be there for their events anytime. While I admit that attending school field trips has never been all that enjoyable for me, I am trying to soak in all the activities and events as Kaitlynn is nearing the end of her time in elementary school. I volunteered to join her class at one of their 4 field trips this year. (Yes, 4th grade at ASD takes 4 field trips!!!) This one was a trip to Safa Park followed by the Green Planet, an indoor rainforest and zoology museum, in Dubai. Kaitlynn wasn't all that excited to see the Green Planet again because she visited last year with her former school as well. But we were both happy to be spending the day together. I was even able to sit next to her on the chartered bus.




We honestly could not have picked a better, more beautiful day to enjoy Safa Park. It was GORGEOUS weather, perfectly sunny and cool with a nice breeze. These were the days people rave about the Dubai experience - the winter weather was PERFECT!

The park was a great opportunity for the kids to let loose and run around to play. Kaitlynn and her friends really enjoyed it, and I was just happy to be outside on the beautiful day.







When it was time to head to the Green Planet, we took a short walk as a class to the entrance. It was a few blocks away, and we actually had to traverse some busy roads to get there. I was cracking up to myself as I observed our class making their way through some busy intersections. While we were perfectly organized and safe, there is NO WAY this would be acceptable at our schools in the US. Ha!





We safely made it to the Green Planet and made sure to snap photos of the class. We were joined by a couple of other 4th grade classes from ASD as well.





Inside the Green Planet, we enjoyed seeing the sights like the waterfall and sloth. Our class took a guided tour through the exhibits, learning about various flora and fauna.




Kaitlynn and I, while we were happy to be together, were not all that entertained. Let's just say that neither of us are museum people. We were feeling downright bored about 10 minutes into the tour, so it couldn't have ended quick enough for us. By the time we made it to the room where the kids would be given lunch, Kaitlynn was DONE. She was happy to be hanging with her friend, Maren, but check out her face in the classroom photo, HA!






No comments:

Post a Comment