Thursday, November 9, 2017

MeMe, Grandaddy, and Boo

It had been an emotional fall for us ever since Jeff left for his new job overseas. When I was planning to make my week long visit to Dubai, I became super worried about Kaitlynn and how she would handle both parents being away. I was leaving the kids in great hands - MeMe and Grandaddy - but I still worried how she would manage her emotions. When I mentioned that to MeMe before my trip, she chuckled a bit and let me in on a little secret. She and Grandaddy were planning to surprise the kids by bringing Grandaddy's new birddog puppy, Boo.

Well, as soon as I heard that news, I was worried NO MORE. I could only imagine how excited my kids, from their no-pets-allowed household, would react to this precious surprise! It was every bit as great as we imagined. The kids fell instantly in love with adorable Boo and never missed me for a second, ha!





Oh, that precious Boo!!! Kaitlynn was IN LOVE and claimed Boo as her own. She walked Boo to and from school every day, and Boo brought endless laughs and joy to the kids. Connor and his buddy Felipe rushed home from junior high every day to play with her, and she was the star of the neighborhood for the week I was away. I was so thankful for such a happy distraction for the kids amidst all of the changes they were going through.





When I returned from my trip to Dubai, I went straight to bed to sleep through some jet lag. We all got up bright and early the next morning for Connor's football game. Normally we would dread such a hot Saturday game, but Boo came with us and kept us all entertained the entire time. She and Kaitlynn wore each other out and ended up taking a nap together during the game.








I was so grateful to my parents for their willingness to watch the kids so that Jeff and I could enjoy our Dubai getaway. Admittedly, Boo stole the show of their entire visit and left quite the impression. When it was time for MeMe and Grandaddy to return home, it was tough to decide who the kids would miss the most!




No comments:

Post a Comment