Monday, November 6, 2017

Back to Normal-ish after Harvey

The Katy area was hit particularly hard with Harvey, both during the storm and afterwards with the dam releases. Katy ISD cancelled 11 school days as our area began to recover. By the time the kids returned to their normal schedules and school routines, it was almost like starting the school year brand new again. Normalcy would be a long time off, but we resumed activities as best as we could.

Kaitlynn was excited about her 3rd grade year at Woodcreek. She was making new friends and loving her new teachers but also working hard. I never get tired of seeing the work she brings home. Since she was still missing her Daddy terribly, I made sure to volunteer at her school activities so that I could spend extra time with her.







I was a parent volunteer at Kaitlynn's 3rd grade field trip to the science center. They had multiple stations set up to let the kids experiment and play. It was so fun to hang out with my girl and her friends on the beautiful fall day, which also happened to be "Wear Your Favorite Jersey" day at school!









Connor was preparing for his final year of recreational football in 6th grade. With the 2+ weeks off from normal practices due to Harvey, he made sure to get in some extra workouts at the Woodcreek playground in the evenings while Kaitlynn played and I walked laps. He also met up with his buddy Jayden for some workouts at the junior high.








When it was time for school photos, both kids did their part to dress up nicely. I never ended up receiving the pictures that I thought I ordered from the schools, so these at-home iPhone photos turned out to be our only school portraits for the fall.






No comments:

Post a Comment