Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sick Daze

I guess it's that time of year. Last week Connor woke up complaining of ear pain and could barely function. I took him to the doctor and he was quite pitiful.


He had a middle ear infection, poor guy. Good news is, it was the first one he's had since 2008 after he had ear tubes put in. Boy, do I remember those days of a new ear infection every couple weeks or so.

A few days after Connor visited the doctor, we were there again. This time for Kaitlynn.


She woke up sick one morning and couldn't keep even the smallest amount of liquid down. I spent about 48 hours draping everything in beach towels (and doing the subsequent laundry) to prevent further damage to our floors and furniture.


I've learned that when Kaitlynn has a stomach bug, it benefits me to let her keep her pacifier all day. When she is about to throw up, she'll take out her paci and smack her lips. It's actually a bit of a warning to get the towels and barf bowl ready. So she kept her paci for about 2 days straight while she was sick, and after each episode she would hand it to me saying, "Paci wash!" in a pitiful voice.


After visiting the doctor, I had my first experience with administering suppositories. They worked like a charm. Thank goodness we emerged from our sick daze relatively unscathed. It's no fun having sick kiddos!

4 comments:

  1. Janie (MeMe....Mom)October 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM

    They surely do look pitiful! Glad it didn't last long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor, poor kiddos! And poor, poor momma! That is NOT fun! Especially two at the same time. I'm so not looking forward to the bugs that the winter will bring. We are all scheduled for our flu shots soon so hopefully we'll be safe from that at least!

    So glad you guys are better and glad you are back in blogland! I've missed your posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless their little hearts! They look so pitiful. Glad they are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor babies. They do look pitiful. Just breaks your heart, doesn't it? I hope you and Jeff have stayed in the clear and that everyone is back up and running at full speed. Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete