Monday, September 19, 2011

Go Wildcats!

It might not feel like fall outside yet, but our fall officially kicked off last weekend with the start of Connor's soccer season. His team is the Wildcats and Jeff is the assistant coach. They had a great first game! Connor had so much fun and the smile never left his face. Here are a few photos from the Wildcats' first game.

Connor scored a goal for his team. Look at that proud smile!

Here's Asst. Coach Jeff giving the players a pep talk.

And here's proof that Connor still occasionally checks out his shadow.

Kaitlynn enjoyed hanging out in the soccer net after the game.


And this has nothing to do with soccer, but this last picture was the scene at our house Saturday evening before a huge rainstorm. I went to get my hair cut and in the middle of my session, my hair stylist noticed a huge crowd of people rushing to the windows of the salon. We wondered what was going on and then someone exclaimed, "It's raining! It's raining!" That just shows how much of a drought we've been in down here in Houston...a 10-minute rainstorm was quite the welcome sight for all of us!

5 comments:

  1. Yea for sports starting back up. Means fall is coming! Hope it's a banner season for the Wildcats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Connor and yea RAIN!! By the size of Connor's smile, I'm guessing he's happy to be playing soccer again! :) And how special for Jeff to be coaching his team, very fun.

    I love the fact that Connor has always loved watching his shadow. That makes me laugh for some reason! :) Sweet boy. And before long, little miss Kaitlynn will be playing on her own team, taking charge on the field. Can't wait for that!! Go Wildcats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, Wildcats!! I know y'all will have fun this season. They are too cute! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far behind in getting to catch up on my blogs!

    Go Wildcats! How fun that Jeff is the assistant coach. I'm sure he and Connor are both loving that!

    And I have to say that I also love Little K's sweet new hair do with the bow off to the side. How precious is that?!

    What are you doing in your volunteer time at Connor's school? I think that is so cool.

    And I just love that you guys share such a love of the Texans as a family. You all really know how to make the family memories, I tell ya!

    Oh, and yes, the C'mon Man was a play off the ESPN segment. Can't believe you caught that. Jerry wanted me to post a link so that people would get it, but I looked at him and said, "Really?" You just proved him right. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I forgot that Connor was playing soccer! AND...he scored a goal? How cool is that? So glad to see that you guys are in the groove and doing sports! I think Fall sports are so tough because it's such a busy time...and a time of change. Love to see Connor with such a big smile.

    ReplyDelete