Saturday, April 23, 2011

Connor Hearts Cheetahs

I have no idea how it started, but for 1-2 years now, Connor has been obsessed with cheetahs. He is constantly playing "cheetah" which consists of crawling around on all fours with his hands in the cheetah position.



If you say anything at all about cheetahs, his hands will immediately curl into cheetah paws.



Last year for fall soccer, he insisted that his team be called the Cheetahs. Luckily his teammates and coaches were OK with that. I am constantly having to tell Connor to stand up and stop being a cheetah. Again, I have no idea where or how it started, but he just LOVES cheetahs.

So imagine our surprise and delight when we saw this movie trailer on TV. It's a Disney movie called African Cats, all about a family of cheetahs and another family of lions living in the African wild. Oh. My. Goodness! Connor was beyond excited and we went online to see the various trailers and movie clips about the movie. Connor was convinced they made the movie for HIM and he was SO excited to see it. We checked movie times and planned over a week in advance to go see the movie on opening day.

Yesterday was opening day and we took the whole family (except Collin). We got to the movie a little early and had to kill some time.






We were prepared with lots of snacks, popcorn, and drinks for everyone. It was the first time Kaitlynn had been to the movie in a while so I was curious how she'd do. I think she would've lasted the entire movie if we had not gotten there so early. I took her out for about 30 minutes of the movie to let her run off some energy, but other than that she did great.



The movie was really neat and Connor LOVED it. "This is the best day of my life!" he exclaimed multiple times throughout the night. I told Connor I thought it was cool when the narrator said that cheetahs are the fastest animals on land. He responded, "Yeah, I already knew that." He then said his favorite part was everytime that showed the cheetahs (of course). When we got in the car to head home, he said, "So who wants to talk about the movie all the way home?!"

Thanks, Disney, for making a cheetah movie just for Connor. He seriously hearts cheetahs.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that makes me smile. How perfect that you guys all got to go together. I am amazed at Kaitlynn sitting through part of the movie. Jackson still hasn't been but he will be going to Cars 2 for his very first movie.

    It sure does seem like Disney made that movie just for Connor. I love his enthusiasm. I bet he will be a great student.

    Hope you guys have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think this is one of my favorite posts you have ever done. I love it when kids have such a passion for something. And so exciting for him that you embraced that passion and took him to that movie. I bet he was in heaven! And I bet you made him feel so special and like that movie was just for him. What a magicial day that had to have been for him. Way to go Mom! What fun! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! I can just hear Connor now talking about the movie! How fun. And, Im so impressed Kaitlynn sat through most of it. We havent even taken Colton to a movie yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me just say that it takes a lot for me to decide that going to the movies is worth the price of admission these days, but this level of enthusiasm would have been worth every single penny you spent! What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauri, i have enjoyed catching up today! Happy Belated Birthday to Connor!! And, yes, they will ALWAYS be your babies! ;) blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete