Friday, April 8, 2011

Adventures with MeMe and Grand Daddy

While Jeff and I were on vacation last month, Connor and Kaitlynn were lucky enough to stay with MeMe and Grand Daddy for the week. They decided to have a week full of "adventures" to keep them busy while we were away. Every day they did something new -- a train show, local carnival rides, a trip to the Discovery Science Museum in Tyler, several trips to the park, Dairy Queen treats, the Tyler zoo, and even playdates with cousin Preslee. It's no wonder the kids were rotten when they were returned to their "rightful owners!"

Here are pictures from playtime with Preslee:








Fun rides at the local carnival:







The local train show:



Playtime at the park:









Of all the adventures, Connor decided that he had the most fun at the Discovery Science Museum in Tyler. It sounded like a Children's Museum with lots of fun hands-on activities for kids. Connor loved learning all about dinosaurs (he came home with a new obsession for all-things-dinosaur) and his favorite part was working in the television production studio, producing a cooking show. (What else?)




My parents insist that the kids were pretty good during the week they were there. Thankfully they are both great sleepers so naptime and bedtime were "sanity checks" for MeMe! They played so long and hard most days that even Connor napped. One day at rest time he even fell asleep at the door, waiting patiently to be told rest time was over.



As far as Kaitlynn goes, my dad swears that I dropped off a "sweet little girl" and he was returning a "terrible 2-year-old!" I'm sure that being spoiled rotten for 8 days straight by grandparents had nothing to do with that, right??





(I love Kaitlynn's expression in that last picture on top of the bunk bed. She had climbed up there all by herself without permission, and when Grand Daddy spotted her and told her to come down she replied, "NO!")

I'll admit, after we returned Jeff and I were both very surprised at Kaitlynn's behavior. She seemed to be a completely different kid. She was more aggressive, busier, climbing on top of EVERYTHING, more defiant, and her appearance seemed different, too -- chubbier with much longer hair. It's amazing how much they can change even in 1 week!

Overall, it was an incredible week of adventures for the kids and we couldn't be more grateful for my parents' willingness to keep them during our getaway. Don't tell my mom because she's still recovering from this trip, but we're already planning our next one! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my - it does look like they had such a fun time. And Kaitlynn looks a little older to me too!! And I can only imagine how rotten they were after a week with grandparents. Jackson becomes more rotten after just a few hours with his!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents are so sweet to take them in for the week and spoil them so rotten! I bet C & K were in heaven with all that fun, attention and I'm sure sugar! :)

    Funny how sweet K looks so different to you after just a week. Just goes to show how much they really do change. We just don't see it because we are with them every day!

    So glad it all went well and hopefully you guys are settling back into your routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your mom and dad loved getting to spend time with Kaitlynn and Connor! (and I hope they are getting rested! LOL!) I love the photo of Kaitlynn reaching up with those little arms! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks like the way to spend a week! What grandbaby wouldn't want to go hang out at MeMe and Grand Daddy's with all those fun activities and sweet memories to be made?! I bet your parents were pooped after all of that excitement. I also bet they wouldn't have traded it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures from an adventure filled week of activities....yes....it was tiring....but lots of fun, too!!! MeMe

    ReplyDelete