Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break for the kiddos, but I also decided to have my own little "spring break." I hired our favorite babysitter Mory to come over all day so that I could get some errands and things done without kids in tow. When I mentioned it to Julie, she thought it would be fun to join in, and what do you know... we had ourselves the making of a Girls' Day!

Mory came over Monday morning with her sweet daughter Rebecca and we left them with Connor, Kaitlynn, Benjamin, and Lily. Julie and I headed out and went straight to the Galleria for some shopping, lunch, and much-needed girl time (without kids)! It was such a fun day. I had been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with everything going on and Jeff's busy work schedule, so this day for me was SUCH a nice treat. I was also able to pick up a few new pieces for my upcoming beach vacation wardrobe. It's amazing how a fun and relaxing day away like that can really lift my spirits and recharge my batteries. Happy Spring Break!





5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a day to re-charge!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. Plain and simple as that. But also extremely happy that you got some girl time to recharge. There's nothing like it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like so much fun! Glad you guys got to enjoy some "time off." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that Mory! I bet the kids had a BLAST with her! Glad you got away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sitter had her hands full, didn't she? :) SO glad you were able to enjoy a kid-free day and enjoy some girl time! Shopping, food, girlfriend...what a fun day!

    ReplyDelete