Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Super Villains

Jeff: (from across the living room) "Lauri, why is our bedroom door locked?"

Lauri: "I don't know."

Connor: "Oh, I locked it!" (spoken with pride)

Lauri: "What do you mean, you locked it?"

Connor: "I locked the door, to keep the super villains out."

Lauri: "The super villains?" (anger rising)

Connor: "Yeah, I was playing super villains and I wanted to keep them out of your room."

Jeff: "Um, the guest bathroom door is locked, too."

Lauri: "Connor!" (more anger) "Did you lock the bathroom door, too?!"

Connor: "Um, yeah...." (spoken more timidly now)

Lauri: "What?! Why did you lock these doors? Now we can't get in there!"

Connor: "Calm down, calm down. All you have to do is unlock the door."









A few guys, a hammer, some loosened hinges, and an allen wrench later, both doors were finally unlocked. At least we were all safe from the super villains!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry....but that is pretty funny!!! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Connor was in his own little world, wasn't he?!?! That is too funny. Glad you guys were safe from the super villians-haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say except that this is - as usual when Connor's involved - hilarious. I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time, but he was so well-intentioned saving you from the super villains and all. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lauri....that is hilarious! I mean, I would have been mad as he**, but I also would have gotten a good laugh out of it. "Super Villains" - HA! Where does he get this stuff? I'm sure sweet Connor didn't realize the consequences of his actions when he simply locked those doors.....I bet he'll think twice before he does it again! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! That's too cute. You will want to remember that story. Thankfully Jeff is handy and knew what to do!

    ReplyDelete