Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Date Night

For at least 6 months or so, Connor and I have been talking about Toy Story 3 and how we were so excited to see it when it came out in June. He has both of the other Toy Story movies on DVD and loves them. Every now and then, Connor would ask me, "Mom, is it June yet?" because he just couldn't wait to see the new Toy Story movie!

Last weekend the movie was finally released so we began planning our "date night" to go see it together. Jeff was kind enough to stay home with Kaitlynn, so Connor and Mommy set off on our date.



On the car ride to the movie theater, Connor was just bouncing in his seat because he was so excited about our date! We had seen a couple previews for the movie so we talked about what we thought might happen in the movie when Andy goes off to college. What would happen to all of his toys??

Finally we arrived at the theater, still excited and skipping all the way to the entrance. Here's Connor pointing to the movie poster.



Once inside, Connor was even more thrilled to get his own movie pack (popcorn, candy, and a drink.) He carried that movie pack into the theater like he was speed-walking -- he couldn't wait to get there!



When we got in our seats, Connor just couldn't stop reaching over to give me kisses and telling me how excited he was about our date night and about finally seeing Toy Story 3. What a sweetie!! And the movie was great. I have to admit I think I laughed in the movie more than Connor did. I highly recommend it!

It was an awesome date night with my precious boy. Jeff now has some stiff competition in the date department! ;-)

6 comments:

  1. I love the date night you guys had! And I love Connor's enthusaism for the movie, the snacks and his time with Mommy! I bet he was on cloud nine! So glad you enjoyed yourself too!

    We took the boys to see the movie on opening night and it was sooooo crowded. However, totally worth it. I thought the movie was very well done and I loved it! I think it's totally set up for a Toy Story 4! :)

    Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you two had a Date Night!! =) How fun is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet! Oh how I look forward to the day when I can take my baby boy out for a "date night." =) Hope to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. I'm so glad you guys got to go on a date. I'm sure it meant the world to Connor. I've heard the movie is good. I love that he was so excited about going with you. Hopefully he'll feel the same in 10 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great date night memory! Love, MeMe

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest thing!!! I love the idea of date night!!!! Connor is so sweet, and I know that the two of you had a blast! Just think.....Jeff and Kaitlynn will be having date night all too soon!

    ReplyDelete